Zebra Danio Fry

NeonTetraBoi

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have zebra danio fry in a breeding tank (only about 15 because I accidentally sucked them up in a water change in my main tank) but I noticed one of them is significantly bigger than the others but not nearly close to adult size and I also noticed some of the fry are disappearing but only like 3 or 4 does anyone know what is going on?

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Perhaps the biggest one is eating the smaller ones??? Maybe they're falling through the breeder box and getting eaten. I'm not sure how small danio fry are so I'm not exactly the best person to ask. I've only felt with angelfish and livebearer fry

FreshestFreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You got breeding action with your zebra danios!?!? I can’t seem to get mine to breed lol. Btw zebra danios do eat their fry, which is mostly likely why they are “disappearing”

Edit: I didn’t see that they were in a breeding box, maybe they are escaping the breeder box like RainbowBetta said

Neutral-Waterinos

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FreshestFreshwater said:
You got breeding action with your zebra danios!?!? I can’t seem to get mine to breed lol. Btw zebra danios do eat their fry, which is mostly likely why they are “disappearing”

Edit: I didn’t see that they were in a breeding box, maybe they are escaping the breeder box like RainbowBetta said
Danios are super easy to breed, just move them to a smaller tank for a bit, feed the high nutritional food and provide plenty of plants etc, they will seemingly start spinning circles around each other and the eggs fall down to the gravel, a few days later u can see small fry sticking to the walls of the tank consuming their yolk.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom