Zebra danio died after weekly water change

Countrypimp1981

I did a water change as I normally do and one of my zebra Danios up and died within minutes. Other fish seem fine tested water and parameters are right where they should be. I used prime right before I filled with python, temp was same as tank. I'm stumped as to why the fish died.

jpm995

Sometimes we never know. Maybe he paniced when you did the water change and rammed into the glass. Danios are one of the hardiest fish so water parm changing a little usually doesn't harm them.

Countrypimp1981

That's what I thought, but I'm not ready to just chock it up to s!@t happens. Don't want this to happen again so I am trying to figure out what I did wrong. I love my fishes and am salty one died. Haven't lost a fish in months and I knew why the others died. This is a bummer for sure...

ProudPapa

... so I am trying to figure out what I did wrong.
You may never know. Since it was just the one I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's very possible it had nothing to do with your actions, or anything you can control.

Countrypimp1981

You may never know. Since it was just the one I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's very possible it had nothing to do with your actions, or anything you can control.
I understand, I have just been trying really hard to do everything right because I felt bad when all but 2 of my fish died because I didn't cycle properly to begin with, was able to save my gourami and my 1 danio witch are the only 2 fish in the tank who have names. I am glad they are still alive though. Just wasn't expecting this to happen and am kind of upset with myself. Even though I know I shouldn't be. Thanks for the feedback.

jpm995

I used to have a microscope by kid and play by microsoft that was great for looking for strange stuff like dead fish. It only had support drivers to widows 95 so it ended up in the junk pile. I just restarted my 55 gal tank and have lost most of my cardinals and neons wish I could get a better look at the bodies.

DemonicZeroYT

Maybe the water wasn’t cold\hot enough he might have went into shock

Countrypimp1981

mattgirl

I know it is often difficult to accept but sometime it happens and there is no way to know why. Those are the hardest deaths to understand. Like you I always want to know why but sometimes we will not be able to answer that question. All we can do is accept the fact that it does happen and try not to blame ourselves when we know we have done everything right.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SoCal Fish Fan
Replies
Views
EvanM
Replies
Views
4nni3
  • Solved
Replies
Views
sauceypanda
Replies
Views
AvalancheDave

Random Great Page!

Did You Know...

Cycling a tank with fish already in it because you were unaware of the nitrogen cycle? Well lucky for you, mattgirl has a great thread on what to do:
Fish In Nitrogen Cycle Simplified

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom