Zebra Danio Death!

LauraLuvs

I recently purchased 3 Long finned Zebra Danios from a pet store. I put them in a 6 gallon tank and they did fine for around 5 days. I went back to the same pet store to purchase 3 more LF Zebra Danios and also purchase a 10 gallon tank. I acclimated the new 3 to the 6 gallon then I set up the 10 gallon, then I acclimated all of them and put them in. I wasn't aware of the temperature when I released them it was around 78 Degrees Fahrenheit. But instantly some of them started swimming to the surface, I hear Zebra Danios are Surface and Mid dwellers but my first 3 always stayed to they bottom but only go higher for food. slowly all of them started floating weirdly. They looked dead but if the hit the wall they would swim somewhere else then float again. I thought they were dying but they kept swimming. Then, the first one died. I net it out checking if it was really dead but sadly it was. I put it in another container of water just in case. Then following the first, the second dies, then the third, then the fourth, and the fifth. There is still one more fighting for its life. I don't know if the new fishes brought some kind of disease to my fishes or there was something that I did wrong to them. Please let me know I will reply as much as I can please help me!

FishFish221

Did you dechlorinate the water?

LauraLuvs

Did you dechlorinate the water?
Yes I added the freshwater solution before I added the fish.

LauraLuvs

did you cycle the tank?
I added some water from the previously cycled tank but over all, no, I did not cycle the whole thing. I've seen people not cycle a tank and still have there fish live longer. Is the none cycling the reason why they passed?

puffer boi

I added some water from the previously cycled tank but over all, no, I did not cycle the whole thing. I've seen people not cycle a tank and still have there fish live longer. Is the none cycling the reason why they passed?
I think so. junebug could help you cycle it

LauraLuvs

I think so. junebug could help you cycle it
Thank you so much. All they Danios have passed and now and I cleaned the Tank and I'm starting to cycle it.

puffer boi

Thank you so much. All they Danios have passed and now and I cleaned the Tank and I'm starting to cycle it.
How are you gonna cycle it?

LauraLuvs

How are you gonna cycle it?
I added the dechlorinate solution and letting the filter run. I also ordered a test kit and its coming in a couple days.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Solved
Replies
Views
sauceypanda
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
4nni3
  • Question