Zebra Convicts Help

BoomBoomBetta
david1978
Definatly not. They are too aggressive to have with your current stocking.

BoomBoomBetta
Definatly not. They are too aggressive to have with your current stocking.
Can't I put just a single female
Because I love convicts?

Blitzar
I would say no. You seem to have some stocking issues already. Are you hoping to breed the mollies? If so, I would do just a dedicated tank. The cories should be upped to a school of at least 6, and what gouramis species and genders do you have?

BoomBoomBetta
I would say no. You seem to have some stocking issues already. Are you hoping to breed the mollies? If so, I would do just a dedicated tank. The cories should be upped to a school of at least 6, and what gouramis species and genders do you have?
No I'm not breeding mollies
I have 2 pearl gourami( pair)..
I will add 3 cory after 2 days.

Can I add just 1 convicts?
If no then please sugges me some fishes?

Blitzar
What filter are you running?

Also, what type of cories are in the tank?

The answer is still no. You would be overstocked, and a single female would still be too aggressive.

Iridium_2256
What is the filtration on your tank? Also, if you like South American cichlids in general, a less aggressive choice could be a blue acara or a geophagus steindachneri. I've had luck with them in my community 38.

BoomBoomBetta
What filter are you running?

Also, what type of cories are in the tank?

The answer is still no. You would be overstocked, and a single female would still be too aggressive.
I have inner water filter sobo don't know its type but I have picture its 600l/hr
I have bronze cories

What is the filtration on your tank? Also, if you like South American cichlids in general, a less aggressive choice could be a blue acara or a geophagus steindachneri. I've had luck with them in my community 38.

Can you suggest me less aggressive and small remaining cool cichlids?

Attachments

• 20180316_212516.jpg
    20180316_212516.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 126
Blitzar
The only cichlids I can think of would be Apistogrammas, but I don't think they'd work with your current stocking.

BoomBoomBetta
The only cichlids I can think of would be Apistogrammas, but I don't think they'd work with your current stocking.
Can I add 1 discus?

Sion
Can I add 1 discus?
Discus work best in a species only tank and are social so don't do great on their own.

Friends.NotFood.
I
Can I keep 2zebra convicts with
2 mollies (pair)
1 swordtail
2 German blue and electric blue
2 Gouramis
4 panda cory??
I have 29 g tank
I would advise against it. I have a pair of convicts in my tank and they’re very aggressive towards the other fish. Plus you have mollies and other community fish in there. I wouldn’t chance it

Iridium_2256
Kribensis would be a cool choice, and they don't get too big. They pair pretty easily, look pretty nice and are quite peaceful. I would recommend those in terms of small and colorful.

BoomBoomBetta
I

I would advise against it. I have a pair of convicts in my tank and they’re very aggressive towards the other fish. Plus you have mollies and other community fish in there. I wouldn’t chance it
Can you suggest me some other cool fishes? Growing up to 4 inches
And suitable for me
Can I keep dwarf mbuna?

Iridium_2256
DEFINETLY not an mbuna. Most aggressive african cichlid type out there.

BoomBoomBetta
DEFINETLY not an mbuna. Most aggressive african cichlid type out there.
Can you suggest me some cichlids?
I have EBR and
Bolivian ram as cichlid in my tank

Iridium_2256
I think a pair of kribensis would look pretty nice in that tank. They are colorful, active and peaceful. Plus, they don't get much bigger than 4 inches.

BoomBoomBetta
I think a pair of kribensis would look pretty nice in that tank. They are colorful, active and peaceful. Plus, they don't get much bigger than 4 inches.
Any other sugesstions?

Iridium_2256
You could try some golden german rams. I would say apistogrammas, but I'm not so sure how they would work if they would at all.

Friends.NotFood.
Can you suggest me some other cool fishes? Growing up to 4 inches
And suitable for me
Can I keep dwarf mbuna?
I really like koi angelfish a lot. They’re non aggressive and they’re cichlids. Gouramis are cool too. As far as the dwarf Mbuna let me do a little research and I’ll get back to you on that

Friends.NotFood.
If you do go with some cichlids still, I’d say go with rams and kribs

chromedome52
You already have Rams in the tank, that is all the Cichlids you can put in a 30 inch long tank. Even the smalllest Mbuna are highly active and aggressive, and would decimate all the species you currently have in the tank. If you remove the rams, there are a few Cichlids that could replace them, but your tank is too small for more than one species. Angelfish are out because of the fin-nipping Swordtails.

The Mollies and Swords prefer hard water in the mid 70s F, while the Rams and the Gouramis want soft water in the 78-84 F range. Panda Corys also like it a bit on the cool side, and are fairly tolerant of hard water as they are mostly commercially bred these days.

BoomBoomBetta
I really like koi angelfish a lot. They’re non aggressive and they’re cichlids. Gouramis are cool too. As far as the dwarf Mbuna let me do a little research and I’ll get back to you on that
I brought 1 angel 3 week ago
I t died within 1 day
So I reved the thought of it from my mind..
Ok pls reply

You already have Rams in the tank, that is all the Cichlids you can put in a 30 inch long tank. Even the smalllest Mbuna are highly active and aggressive, and would decimate all the species you currently have in the tank. If you remove the rams, there are a few Cichlids that could replace them, but your tank is too small for more than one species. Angelfish are out because of the fin-nipping Swordtails.

The Mollies and Swords prefer hard water in the mid 70s F, while the Rams and the Gouramis want soft water in the 78-84 F range. Panda Corys also like it a bit on the cool side, and are fairly tolerant of hard water as they are mostly commercially bred these days.

Can I keep clown loach
I will give it to local fish provider when it gets 2 to 3 or 4 inches?

Sion
Can I keep clown loach
They are a fish that's happiest in a group. I wouldn't buy a fish with a view to rehoming it in a few months

Friends.NotFood.
Can I keep clown loach
Yes clown loaches are cool to keep. It’s like they have personality and the help keep it clean

BoomBoomBetta
They are a fish that's happiest in a group. I wouldn't buy a fish with a view to rehoming it in a few months
Do you have any other idea? Pls suggest me

chromedome52
Silver dollars are good community fish

Not in a 30 inch long tank.

BoomBoomBetta
david1978
Honestly once your fish get all grown up your pretty well stocked. I know everyone wants more but I find once you overstock the fish becocome less active so it ends with more fish but less activity. Its a fine balance to get fully stocked with out activity going down. So in this case less is more.

BoomBoomBetta
Honestly once your fish get all grown up your pretty well stocked. I know everyone wants more but I find once you overstock the fish becocome less active so it ends with more fish but less activity. Its a fine balance to get fully stocked with out activity going down. So in this case less is more.
Ok then I add just two loach or not add anything

david1978
Even Yoyo loaches with the proper care will out grow your tank.

Friends.NotFood.
Can't I put just a single female
Because I love convicts?
Why not set up a separate tank? Convicts are on the smaller side of cichlids so u won’t need a huge tank. At least 30 gallons tho. But they are pretty aggressive towards other fish even other bigger cichlids. I just wouldn’t do it with your tank now. Your convicts will b fine but every other fish....???

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TClare
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
AquaMan3640
Replies