Yoyo (pakistan) Loach Living With Honey Gouramis Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Celespia, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Celespia

CelespiaNew MemberMember

So I have a tank that right now just has 4 fish in it, all being different species. Once most of the fish in it pass on, I would like to clean and change out the tank. Currently, I have a Yoyo loach, serpae tetra, a Black tetra, and some molly I don’t remember the name of. Anyways, I want too keep the loach if it’s still alive when I do this process. I want to have a Indian tank with Indian plants and have 2 loaches and 3-4 honey gouramis. This brings me to my question. Are Yoyo loaches and honey gouramis able to live healthy together, and not cause harm to each other. If not, could you recommend another small Indian fish that I could have 3-4 of. Thanks!

2. nbalaw2016

nbalaw2016Valued MemberMember

I don't see any inherent problem, but I'm not an expert. Yoyo loaches can be fairly territorial and aggressive, especially at full size. What size tank, and what are its dimensions? That's the most important factor.

3. OP
    OP
    Celespia

CelespiaNew MemberMember

It’s 13 gallons, which may not seem like a good choice for a Yoyo loach, but believe me, I’ve had him for 2 and a half years and he’s been as good as ever. I don’t remember what the actual height and width and whatever is, but it looks about a foot and a half high and 2 wide and 5 inches front to back.

4. nbalaw2016

nbalaw2016Valued MemberMember

I think that's definitely too small for 2 loaches and a couple gouramis, sorry.

5. OP
    OP
    Celespia

CelespiaNew MemberMember

Okay. Ive looked it up and the gouramis would seem to be fine in it, but not sure about the loach.

6. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

The loaches are active fish that inhabit fast flowing waters. In such a small tank, it doesnt allow the loach enough room to swim as well as providing enough flow to keep them happy but quiet spots to keep the gouramis happy.

Imo, I would suggest looking into a larger aquarium. All fish would appreciate it, and allows maintainence to be easier.

7. OP
    OP
    Celespia

CelespiaNew MemberMember

Thanks for all the input!