Yoyo or Golden Zebra

Chaoticfox

So I bought what I thought was a Golden Zebra Loach from Petco. They only had one in stock at the time. I know Loaches like to be in groups. I tried waiting for the store to get more but they were taken a long time. I eventually order 2 more online which I got in today. Seeing them side by side I now think Petco sold me a Yoyo Loach. What do you think (1 in back is online, 1 in front is Petco)? If they are different do I need have 3 of each kind or is 3 total ok. I don't really want to add more to the tank but I also want them to be happy.

Ghelfaire

They definitely sold you a yoyo. You can tell because the markings look like they spell yoyo on the one in the front compared to the regular stripes of the other one.

Chaoticfox

Ghelfaire said:
They definitely sold you a yoyo. You can tell because the markings look like they spell yoyo on the one in the front compared to the regular stripes of the other one.
That's what I thought, thank you

jake37

Yea - my gold zebra are a mix of gold zebra and yoyo all purchased from petco. One sad story - most of the gold zebra jumped out one night but none of the yoyo jumped out. Guess the gold zebra had enough yoyoing around.

Chaoticfox

Ok so now that I know they are different kinds of Loaches, do I need 3 of each type or is 3 total ok?

jake37

Not sure - to be honest I think the 6 of them will social. My loaches (i also have zebra) all swim together. The clown loaches do not really swim with them during the day - but at night sometime the larger yoyo will join the clown loaches.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom