YoYo loaches

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
When YoYo loaches chase each other is this an aggressive behavior or playfull behavior.

not4you

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's playful behaivor. YoYo's are a very social fish, mine are constantly out n' about and chasing each other around.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's usually playful. Mine do it all the time.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Guys, I just bought a pair of YoYo's at a heck of a bargain from an LFS that's closing down here, and was completely in the dark as to their behavior toward each other, so thanks King for asking the question, and Gunnie and Not4you for answering.. I hope it's not bad form to ask another question of my own inside your thread King, but I really need to know how YoYo's behave toward Cories and Clown Loaches.. the answer will determine which tank mine get placed in when their quarantine period is finished.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Richard I have four yoyos in a tank with kuhlis, hillstreams and Danios and they are very playful and active and wouldn't hurt a soul. They are contineously chasing each other around the tank. I would say whichever tank they have the most room to play and hiding places then thats the one they need to be in. They will be fine with the corys or the clowns
Carol

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Carol.. hope all is well with you and yours.

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think This chasing is more of establishing dominence like a pecking order because the big yoyo is always chasing the little ones and the littlest one never dose the chasing it only gets chased. I have 4 yoyos the biggest yoyo also tries to intimidaite the largest clown loach wich is quite a bit bigger than the YoYo.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom