YoYo hierarchy group question

Linda1234

I have 2 fairly large yoyo (maybe 18 months old). Originally I had 7 for a proper group but for various reasons I now have 2. They are housed with 10 zebra and 7 clown loaches. I know at night they will group up with the clowns at times - or at least swim with them. I'm at a lost as to what to do with them. From what I have read adding young yoyo will not meet the social hierarchy requirement.

My question is do the clown loaches satisfy the social requirement ? Should i presume that these two yoyo are forever social outcasts or should i try adding more young yoyo next year when i reorganize my aquariums ?

Tigerburp

I have 2 fairly large yoyo (maybe 18 months old). Originally I had 7 for a proper group but for various reasons I now have 2. They are housed with 10 zebra and 7 clown loaches. I know at night they will group up with the clowns at times - or at least swim with them. I'm at a lost as to what to do with them. From what I have read adding young yoyo will not meet the social hierarchy requirement.

My question is do the clown loaches satisfy the social requirement ? Should i presume that these two yoyo are forever social outcasts or should i try adding more young yoyo next year when i reorganize my aquariums ?
What is the tank size?

A201

No problem adding a group of juvenile YoYo's to the existing community.
I keep nine YoYo's and introduced them into the community at different intervals. All is well.
Other Loaches kept are Red Tails & a Tiger Loach.

Linda1234

What is the tank size?
Currently 120 gallons; i will not get more till i move them into a 450 gallon in a bit less than a year.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chilla
Replies
Views
Blub
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views