YouTube or Other Media

mrjohn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
For a long time I thought about writing a "book" about my life, but I have recently thought about just creating a channel for this purpose. Naming no one and changing the main characters name which is what I'm protecting here, but I think you all know what I am getting to. I'm going to be completely honest and tell all of you that yes, I have had some drinks. However, I only feel comfortable speaking of this when I am slightly influenced. That may not be a good thing but maybe it beats keeping it inside until it spirals out of control.

I don't want fame or glory, and I don't care about money. I feel like there is a stigma though. Please do not take this as political or sexist. Maybe this shouldn't be here but I have had experiences with sexual abuse, physical abuse, and mental abuse. I have a thread going about teachers. I thought that becoming a teacher I would be able to help others, but it has gone south. I want to reach out to youths that have experienced similar situations and hopefully aid them towards their path. I have since signed on to a social work/psychology degree.

Do you know, or does someone you know have a YouTube Channel that actually reaches its core demographic?

I've been reading articles about a man that grew up without a father and is now creating videos for men in the same situation. I just wish that I found this material sooner.

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m not sure if I know of any channels that reach out to its core demographic (although I’m not too sure if I actually know what that means :sorry:)
I think there would be many people that would really benefit from a channel like you are thinking of making. Youtube and other social medias are a really effective way to reach out and help people, especially youths.

Berryblue

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The beauty of YouTube and other social media is that there are both creators and viewers for extremely niche areas. You can see that from several fishtube channels (many of which I subscribe to). I would say go for it! At a minimum you'll be able to get it off your chest. BTW, I think another great medium might be podcasts.

OP
mrjohn

mrjohn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you! I feel sort of embarrassed for making this thread but I guess I just need to choose a platform and go for it.

New Threads