Your top 5 Movies

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Kelley, May 19, 2006.

1. KelleyNew MemberMember

Here are my top 5.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    A Fish Called Wanda
    Spaceballs
    Blazing Saddles
    Gone In 60 Seconds

2. Joe GValued MemberMember

My Top 5

Groundhog Day
    Gladiator
    Caddy Shack
    Goodfellas
    National Lampoon's christmas vacation

3. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Hmm, it's hard for me to choose "best 5" because I really like a lot of movies. But if I had to choose, here are 5 really good movies: (1) The Patriot, (2) The Phantom Of The Opera, (3) The Piano, (4)Legends of the Falls, (5) The Bodyguard. Here are the rest of my favorite movies: Apocalypto, Troy, Million Dollar Baby, The Road Home, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Notebook, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, The Pianist, Pearl Harbor, Wuthering Heights, Braveheart, King Arthur, Pride and Prejudice, Spanglish, Gladiator, Around The World In 80 Days, Gone With the Wind (the classic), The House of the Spirits, House Of Sand and Fog, Schindler's List, The Last Samurai (the movie would be better if someone other than Tom Cruise played in it - don't like him), Mystic River, The Game, Jane Eyre, A Beautiful Mind, What Lies Beneath, Snow Falling On Cedars, The Passion of Christ, Dirty Dancing, Maria Full Of Grace, A Walk in the Clouds, Fearless, Contact, Monster's Ball, Great Expectations, Face/Off, True Lies, Unfaithful, Eight Below, etc. Wow, that's quite a list, lol. Oh and the best and scariest HORROR movies that I ever saw were House of Wax, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Saw.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  4. vinWell Known MemberMember

I've got more than 5, but not the time to list them all, so I will list my top 3 and a few others that I really enjoy watching.....

The Godfather - my all time favorite. So much so that no matter what I am watching, if the Godfather is on, I change the channel and watch it to completion no matter where I came in.....
    Jaws - My second all time favorite.....
    Good Fellas - My favorite Joe Pesce role - Note Pesce=fish in italian..... ;D
    Cool Hand Luke - My favorite Paul Newman role.
    Gladiator
    My Cousin Vinny
    Wyatt Earp
    Braveheart
    The Exorcist - Scares the daylights out of me every time.......By far the scariest movie I've ever seen.
    Pirates of the Caribbean

5. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Isabella -

I cannot believe how many of the movies you listed are on the list of my favorites as well. (Not all the ones above, but a lot are in my DVD library - I have 459 now and more on order so I may have to build on a room :D)j

I will just list my favorite stars and you can just about put in any of their movies on my list (just the top 5 not all of them):

Mel Gibson
    Jodie Foster
    Sandra Bullock
    Reese Witherspoon
    John Cusack
    Timothy Hutton
    Gary Cooper
    Kevin Costner
    Robin Williams
    Gary Sinise
    Tom Hanks
    Meg Ryan
    David Suchet

I know I got carried away but who do I delete?

Rose
    :)

6. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Wow Rose, you have quite a library there! I don't have all of the movies I listed above, only few of them. I never thought to collect movies, but maybe I should start, that's a great idea. What I do collect are books. I never sold even one college textbook (most students sell their textbooks after the classes are over), lol - I even keep those.

As for my favorite actors, Paul Walker has to be the most handsome actor that I know! And he's also a good actor, so it's not just looks. But yes ... he's so handsome! LOL ;D I also think Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, and Matthew McConaughey are extremely handsome, and not bad actors either. Other actors and actresses that I like: William Hurt, Charlotte Gainsbourgh, Jeff Bridges, Al Pacino, Andy Garcia, Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner too, Harrison Ford, Jeremy Sisto (most of you probably don't know him), Jeremy Northam, Clive Owen, Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, Juliette Binoche, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones, Alec Baldwin, George Clooney, Sean Connery, Ralph Fiennes, Ian Gruffudd, Bruce Willis, Shiri Appleby, Jessica Biel, Leelee Sobieski, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Connelly, Milla Jovovich, Sophie Marceau, Piper Perabo, Julia Roberts, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, Robert De Niro, Hilary Swank, Missy Peregrym, and Michael Vartan. Whew ... I don't know how I could have remembered all of them, LOL!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  7. ryannnNew MemberMember

Star Wars Episode 5
    School of Rock
    Space Balls
    Airplane
    Caddy Shack

8. TomFishlore VIPMember

1) American Pie series
    2) Schindler's List
    3) The Pianist
    4) Spaceballs
    5) All 007 movies (if TV shows on dvd count, then Corner Gas) ;D
    Tom

9. NevilleWell Known MemberMember

Braveheart
    Gladiator
    Top Gun
    School of Rock
    Jurassic Park

Specially like a scene from Braveheart where Mel Gibson says 'They can take our lives, but they can never take our......FREEDOM.......
    Also like the scene from Gladiator where Russell Crowe fights the Undefeated champion surrounded by tigers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice