Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Gone In 60 Seconds

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm, it's hard for me to choose "best 5" because I really like a lot of movies. But if I had to choose, here are 5 really good movies: (1) The Patriot, (2) The Phantom Of The Opera, (3) The Piano, (4)Legends of the Falls, (5) The Bodyguard. Here are the rest of my favorite movies: Apocalypto, Troy, Million Dollar Baby, The Road Home, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Notebook, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, The Pianist, Pearl Harbor, Wuthering Heights, Braveheart, King Arthur, Pride and Prejudice, Spanglish, Gladiator, Around The World In 80 Days, Gone With the Wind (the classic), The House of the Spirits, House Of Sand and Fog, Schindler's List, The Last Samurai (the movie would be better if someone other than Tom Cruise played in it - don't like him), Mystic River, The Game, Jane Eyre, A Beautiful Mind, What Lies Beneath, Snow Falling On Cedars, The Passion of Christ, Dirty Dancing, Maria Full Of Grace, A Walk in the Clouds, Fearless, Contact, Monster's Ball, Great Expectations, Face/Off, True Lies, Unfaithful, Eight Below, etc. Wow, that's quite a list, lol. Oh and the best and scariest HORROR movies that I ever saw were House of Wax, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Saw.

Last edited:

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got more than 5, but not the time to list them all, so I will list my top 3 and a few others that I really enjoy watching.....

The Godfather - my all time favorite. So much so that no matter what I am watching, if the Godfather is on, I change the channel and watch it to completion no matter where I came in.....
Jaws - My second all time favorite.....
Good Fellas - My favorite Joe Pesce role - Note Pesce=fish in italian..... ;D
Cool Hand Luke - My favorite Paul Newman role.
Gladiator
My Cousin Vinny
Wyatt Earp
Braveheart
The Exorcist - Scares the daylights out of me every time.......By far the scariest movie I've ever seen.
Pirates of the Caribbean

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Isabella said:
(1) My Big Fat Greek Wedding, (2) The Phantom Of The Opera, (3) The Piano, (4) Jane Eyre, (5) The Bodyguard. Here are the rest of my favorite movies: Million Dollar Baby, The Road Home, The Patriot, The Notebook, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, The Pianist, Pearl Harbor, Wuthering Heights, Braveheart, King Arthur, Pride and Prejudice, Spanglish, Troy, Gladiator, Around The World In 80 Days, Gone With the Wind (the classic), The House of the Spirits, House Of Sand and Fog, Schindler's List, The Last Samurai (the movie would be better if someone other than Tom Cruise played in it - don't like him), Mystic River, The Game, Legends of the Falls, A Beautiful Mind, What Lies Beneath, Snow Falling On Cedars, The Passion of Christ, Dirty Dancing, Maria Full Of Grace, A Walk in the Clouds, Fearless, Contact, Monster's Ball, Great Expectations, Face/Off, True Lies, Unfaithful, etc.
Isabella -

I cannot believe how many of the movies you listed are on the list of my favorites as well. (Not all the ones above, but a lot are in my DVD library - I have 459 now and more on order so I may have to build on a room )j

I will just list my favorite stars and you can just about put in any of their movies on my list (just the top 5 not all of them):

Mel Gibson
Jodie Foster
Sandra Bullock
Reese Witherspoon
John Cusack
Timothy Hutton
Gary Cooper
Kevin Costner
Robin Williams
Gary Sinise
Tom Hanks
Meg Ryan
David Suchet

I know I got carried away but who do I delete?

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wow Rose, you have quite a library there! I don't have all of the movies I listed above, only few of them. I never thought to collect movies, but maybe I should start, that's a great idea. What I do collect are books. I never sold even one college textbook (most students sell their textbooks after the classes are over), lol - I even keep those.

As for my favorite actors, Paul Walker has to be the most handsome actor that I know! And he's also a good actor, so it's not just looks. But yes ... he's so handsome! LOL ;D I also think Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, and Matthew McConaughey are extremely handsome, and not bad actors either. Other actors and actresses that I like: William Hurt, Charlotte Gainsbourgh, Jeff Bridges, Al Pacino, Andy Garcia, Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner too, Harrison Ford, Jeremy Sisto (most of you probably don't know him), Jeremy Northam, Clive Owen, Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, Juliette Binoche, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones, Alec Baldwin, George Clooney, Sean Connery, Ralph Fiennes, Ian Gruffudd, Bruce Willis, Shiri Appleby, Jessica Biel, Leelee Sobieski, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Connelly, Milla Jovovich, Sophie Marceau, Piper Perabo, Julia Roberts, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, Robert De Niro, Hilary Swank, Missy Peregrym, and Michael Vartan. Whew ... I don't know how I could have remembered all of them, LOL!

Last edited:

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
1) American Pie series
2) Schindler's List
3) The Pianist
4) Spaceballs
5) All 007 movies (if TV shows on dvd count, then Corner Gas) ;D
Tom

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Braveheart
Gladiator
Top Gun
School of Rock
Jurassic Park

Specially like a scene from Braveheart where Mel Gibson says 'They can take our lives, but they can never take our......FREEDOM.......
Also like the scene from Gladiator where Russell Crowe fights the Undefeated champion surrounded by tigers.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom