Your recommendation

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MnK, Mar 19, 2006.

1. MnKNew MemberMember

Newbie here coming out of lurking in the depth of this forum.
    :-\ I've done my research and have narrowed down what fish to put in our 125 gallon tank. Clown Loach (12''), Blue Danio (2''), Swordtail (6''), Balloon Molly (4 1/2''), Mega clown Placos or a Leopard Placos, Adolfoi Cory Cat.  I would like to have Blue Gourami (6'') also but read they were aggressive.  We can have 60 inches of fish.  What would be a good mix from these choices?

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to fishLore!!!
    Three clown loaches( they need buddies), fifteen to twenty blue danios( they do better in large groups, about three gouramis, one clown pleco or one leopard pleco. The clowns are too rambunctious for corys. they won't so much hurt them as run right over the top of them while playing.
    Out of these the clowns are the only ones I couldn't do without. I have clowns now and they are wonderful.
    the way I came to these suggestions is that they all swim at different levels the majority of the time and will give your tank a busy look. just some suggestions ;)

Carol

3. OP
    OP
    M

MnKNew MemberMember

Thanks! I really like the clowns too. I tried to pick fish that swam at different levels. Just want to make sure about the Adolfoi Cory Cat. I should not get them? Do I need a cat fish? What would you recommend? One more thing, What sex of each?

4. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

If you want a nice catfish how about a bristlenose or two they are nice at keeping flakes off the bottom and algae off the sides of your tank

5. JasonWell Known MemberMember

Sounds pretty good to me, I had to laugh about the cories getting squashed. Swordtails only get to 10-12cm females are bigger if exclude males tail. approx (4.5in max not 6"). Be pretty nice personally Id have a small shoal of pictus cats and a Red-tail shark. but thats just me oh yeah and i'd have angels instead of gouramis

6. OP
    OP
    M

MnKNew MemberMember

My mistake the site did have 4 1/2 in for the swordtail. I like the pictus but could not find pic of Bristlenose.

7. JasonWell Known MemberMember

They change their colour slightly according to their background. the males have the bristles while the females dont.

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    M

MnKNew MemberMember

Thanks for the pics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice