Your longest lived female betta age

NaveenS
I am planning to buy a female betta from a quality breeder and I have a concern because I am not going to breed here. So will she lay eggs monthly in the aquarium? Will it increases the chances of any fungal infection to here? I have a 4 gallon tank now may be upgrading in the future. Currently it is filter with some Anubias, right water temperature and planning on weekly water changes. I want here to live to here full lifespan expecting 7 or more year's. And I will be feed high quality pellets available here. Does anyone experienced their female betta lived longer than their male betta? Also if you had a female betta that had a longer lifespan then please share your brand of pellets and here feeding regime.

Kribensis27
I’ve never heard of a betta living to seven years. My oldest one was five years old when she died. Females don’t really lay eggs unless they’re breeding. I never had any of my girls lay eggs until I paired them with a male. They’re no more prone to fungus than males, and don’t appear to live any longer (but some males are sold older). I mostly feed frozen and live foods, not pellets or flakes, so I can’t help with the food question.

Ghelfaire
Yes my females lived longer than the males. Not 7 years but longer because males are usually sold older than females.
No she won't lay eggs every month. Even if she lays eggs once or twice (it can happen) then she will just eat them (extra protein).

I feed my bettas bug bites daily and frozen foods once a week. They like daphnia, bloodworms and mysis shrimp. If you can start a scud farm or something like that, you could have fresh foods for her as well.

NaveenS
Kribensis27 said:
I’ve never heard of a betta living to seven years. My oldest one was five years old when she died. Females don’t really lay eggs unless they’re breeding. I never had any of my girls lay eggs until I paired them with a male. They’re no more prone to fungus than males, and don’t appear to live any longer. I mostly feed frozen and live foods, not pellets or flakes, so I can’t help with the food question.
7 years is rare so it seems way too much to expect 5 years is the perfect figure. I will be expected.
I have b
Ghelfaire said:
Yes my females lived longer than the males. Not 7 years but longer because males are usually sold older than females.
No she won't lay eggs every month. Even if she lays eggs once or twice (it can happen) then she will just eat them (extra protein).

I feed my bettas bug bites daily and frozen foods once a week. They like daphnia, bloodworms and mysis shrimp. If you can start a scud farm or something like that, you could have fresh foods for her as well.
Ghelfaire said:

I have Northfin 1 mm pellets but my previous 2 bettas where spitting back the pellets after chewing even after soaking (one died in summer so bought one cooling fan to reduce tank temperature which was 33c and the other one my friend took it.) Now I bought Bugbites tropical formula S-M only but don't know how it will perform. I have heard many good things about New life spectrum but not available here now.

Ghelfaire
I've never had a fish not like bug bites so you should be fine with those.
If/when you upgrade from the 4g I highly recommend a 10g. Female bettas are a lot more active than males so she'll appreciate the extra swimming space.

Top Bottom