Your Input On Feeding Needed

livingart

Reaction score
Recently I purchased a pair of dwarf gourami. I have had them now for a week and have a question regarding feeding. I have fed them once a day,(Omega One flakes), and not more then they can consume in 30 seconds. I also have fed them blood worms,(3 per fish), once since I have had them. When I view them from the side they appear to be overfed. However when viewed from straight on they appear to be thin. I do not know if this is just their anatomical profile or they are overfed. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Attached is a not so good photo for you to look at.
IMG_2155x-001_opt.jpg

Floundering_Around

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mature, well-fed fish will have a full, plump body while still being healthy. Your fish are nowhere near overfed and your feeding schedule is fine

livingart

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. It's been quite a while since I was into fish keeping. Your comment has given me confidence that I am on the right path. Thanks again.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Greetings and welcome to Fishlore

I feed what the fish can eat in 5 min. I think you are under feeding. But the best way to judge is are the fish well filled out, in good color, active and alert.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom