Your Health and Carcinogens

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you ever want to be 100% sure that every single product you buy - be it food or personal care products as well as various detergents and cleaning substances - is safe and free of carcinogens (i.e. cancer-causing substances), do a research on it. Read the label, see what it's made of, or how it was processed, and then find out if the substances contained in it or with which it was processed are carcinogenic. I am serious. I know that it would look obsessive if we checked "every single thing" we buy, but it is really the only way to know the truth since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (and surely many other countries) do not monitor what we eat for carcinogens. We're basically sold anything they want us to buy. It's all about the money, as I've said before. You can never be safe enough when it comes to your own health. Businesses don't care about your health, therefore you should be very careful out there and in what you buy and consume.

Here is but one good website that lists many products that we use EVERY DAY that contain carcinogens: http://www.ewg.org/ . It's called Environmental Working Group. When I first found it, I was shocked to see how many products that I personally use are on their list! Go to Report Archive on this website to search what you want, or just type the keywords in the space provided on the Report Archive page (as well as on other pages). You can simply type in the company name of the product you use and various info. about its products will come up, for example "L'Oreal" (such a "prestigious" company and how many carcinogens they use!). You can also browse by Quick Index.

This is a Skin Deep report on EWG website, about the cosmetics and various body care products we use (including soap): . Very scary. Listen to this (an excerpt from the main page): "The government cannot mandate safety studies of cosmetics, and only 11 percent of the 10,500 ingredients FDA has documented in products have been assessed for safety by the cosmetic industry's review panel".

I think everyone should have this website saved. If you thoroughly review this website, you'll no longer be surprised why so many people get cancer and die of cancer today. It's our health we're talking about here.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This site also has a section that allows you to check the testing results on the tap water in any city in the US. It gives very detailed reports on what is in the water in any location and whether it is above or below toxic or unhealthy levels. It was an eyeopener for me. I knew our water contained Nitrates but was surprised to find that it also contained: Radon, ammonia, arsenic, nitrites, etc. [the list is quite long for the things they test for] I wonder why my fish haven't been sicker than they were. I guess it is Spring water from here on out. The levels may not be lethal for people but my little buddies are so tiny I cannot imagine all that stuff is doing them any good.

Rose
>

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, and if you can't find it, it's here: - and from here you can perform your local water quality search. I find the entire website extremely useful, which is why I posted it here. I really hope as many people as possible can see it.

Besides, there is no report for my area as of now - they're IN VIOLATION. And I've checked all NYC and Long Island areas - MOST of them are IN VIOLATIONS of not providing any water quality reports. Can you believe it? I have no way of knowing (right now) what is in my water. And what they're doing is ILLEGAL. If they're reluctant to publish a water quality report, that cannot mean anything good, can it? I wonder what they're hiding, or rather how high the content of toxic chemicals is in our water. Must be pretty high if they don't want us to know, huh?

And Rose, maybe the water won't harm humans IN THE SHORT RUN, but if you drink it it will certainly affect you in the long run, unless your body is extremely healthy, genetically superior, and very resistant to diseases and genetic mutations. But a regular person or a person easily susceptible to outside factors, can easily get sick in the long run from drinking tap water. This is why I NEVER drink tap water, no matter where that tap water comes from.

katy68did

Reaction score
> I just looked at my city and totally wish I wouldn't have!The most recent findings were from 2003 and they weren't bad,before that the results just made me ill!Thanks for the great link!

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks,  you are a champ for bringing this site to our attention.  You know though that it is just as important what we put in as on.  I think it is ironic that such a fuss has been made over the years about meat, when we eat fruits & vegetables every day that have residues of carcinogens in or on them.   Malathion, only one example, which is still used here in the US is a known carcinogen.  If you look up in an encyclopedia the chemical makeup of this product, it will tell you that the body reacts to it by encapsulating the chemical in fat in your body, thus you have it (the known carcinogen) from all that spinach, lettuce and various other crops stored just waiting for the lowered immune state that allows it to start a cancer.  Make a good choice of where you buy your food.  Organic may be hard to come by, but worth it in the end.

April

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am glad if I can help any of you, in any way. We have to stay aware of what is going on around us. The sad truth is we're being deceived for the sake of the big companies making profits (of course, at the expense of our health).

Susitna-flower, I absolutely agree with you. I realize the danger with foods - even with such seemingly "healthy" foods as fruit and vegetables - and this is what really terrifies me. Of course, fruit and vegetables ARE very healthy, but only when they're grown NATURALLY, and not on chemicals and antibiotics. I wonder how much longer the big companies and the FDA are going to be lying to, and poisoning, people.

Folks, if you're seriously concerned for your own health as well as for the health of your loved ones, PLEASE buy and read these two books:

1) Natural Cures "They" Do Not Want You to Know About - by Kevin Trudeau
2) More Natural Cures Revealed: Previously Censored Brand Name Products That Cure Disease - also by Kevin Trudeau

Read them in the order I have listed above.

They're available cheap on Amazon.com:

After you have read them, you'll look at everything in a different light. You won't believe your own eyes when you'll be reading this book. It's very possible it will make you very angry. But you HAVE TO read it, for the sake of your own good. In the end, you'll be very glad you've read this and you'll have much more information on how to lead a truly healthy lifestyle. EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN SHOULD READ THESE BOOKS. Open your eyes people, and live the life you and your loved ones deserve.

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Was being cheecky only for comedy sake. Was not trying to be rude, it is a very serious problem when the people that collect our taxes and make profit from our effort also attempt to pull wool over our eyes. When will we as consumers put the boot to all of this destructive marketing. FYI. marketing was developed by a psychologist who chose to exploit humans with his knowledge instead of help or educate. If marketing were replaced by education our (north america) economy and health would be vastly changed. ignorance is not bliss. Help educate the world in any manner always. That is what is so great about this forum. All members helping educate each other. CHEERS, to good health for all of you and your families. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Mojo

mirna

Reaction score
I've read the book "Natural Cures." I have to say it was a real eye opener. From then on I started reading all of the labels on food products. It's incredible how much unnecessary junk they put on food (especially bread). But it's been hard for me to keep up with the no preservatives no additives diet because the foods are so hard to come by. Sadly, the stores that carry these healthy products are miles away from me and are about triple the cost of the unhealthy foods but I still make the effort as best I can to consume organic or natural foods. I've completely wiped out junk food from my list. I'm trying especially for the sake of my children to change our eating habits. Here is another site that might be helpful

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
colorado & new mexico have a chain of stores called Vitamin Cottage that are great for people shopping for the good foods - they actually beat grocery store prices and often are as cheap as or cheaper than wally-world. Their policy is 90% of MSRP, whereas the stores selling natural/organic food here charge more like 200-300% of MSRP, if not more.. so we do a lot of food shopping thru their online site.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
mojoman101 said:
Was being cheecky only for comedy sake. Was not trying to be rude ...
I didn't take you as being rude at all I believe the entire world should read these books as I am sure the fraud is happening all round the world, not just the U.S. (mainly in terms of the pharmaceutical and food industry).

Anyway, thank all of you for your input, your thoughts and opinions on the subject. As many people as possible should know of all of this. As for the books themselves, to those who have read them: even if you suspect Kevin Trudeau tries to make money with the books, which he undoubtedly does, it's still a great deal of info. in his books that people need to know about. We don't necessarily need to "subscribe" to his website (www.naturalcures.com), but we can just simply read the book for our own personal wealth of information.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom