Your Background

1. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

I'd love to hear where all you guys came from (not where you are).

I'm actually 1st. gen. Aussie. Was born here but shortly moved back to Ireland for a few years. All of my family is Irish but some uncles/Aunts moved to Canada, USA, Spain & UK.

In 189? a.d my great x3 Aunt went missing in NYC.Spooky...

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Creepy... yes. I really have no clue but I may have been born in Hawaii? Now I'm in Colorado. Nothing interesting. My friend though has lived everywhere(ish). She was born in Alabama, moved to Georgia, Moved to 3 other states, moved to Colorado, moved to New Zealand, moved to Colorado again, and now that's the present.

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Aussie. Family originally from Portugal on both sides.

4. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferlover Well Known Member Member

German Heritage farmers in USA lol

5. RainBetta

Haha, thanks for not saying "Im German" and instead saying that you have got German heritage. Phew! People aren't German unless they are a registered citizen of Germany! Whenever someone says "I'm [Origin]" I respond with "Nice. When did you move from [Country]?" The response is hilarious

6. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

Great paternal grandparents immigrated from Alsace, France. One great aunt fell overboard on way to USA at age 4 and lost at sea. Maternal great grandparents from Ireland.

7. RainBetta

Wow! Quite a story! My grandfather was a Swedish guy, and during WWII he was taken prison by the brits and they ripped all his teeth out because they thought he was Norwegian. Mind you, the Swedish were neutral

8. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

How sad!!! Now THAT’S a story!

9. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I have german heritage as well, My german grand parents moved to Canada many years ago. They are now Canadian citizens.

10. RainBetta

Cool!

11. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I was born right where I live today.
    My grandmother is German, and I have German, and part Cherokee Indian in my blood as well.

12. OP
    OP
    Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I was gonna say in my post that you are not [Country] if your predecessors arrived more than 5 generations ago.

I thought Norway were allies?

13. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

Norway was occupied by the Germans for much of the war, the Norwegians were considered our allies, indeed many Norwegians escaped & fled to Britain joining the fight back against Germany from here, quite why this gentleman would have had his teeth ripped out by Brits if they thought him Norwegian escapes me unless they believed he was a collaborator or a spy & were interrogating him.

14. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

My family name (Fryatt) is from East Anglia & is a derivative of the Saxon old english freóriht (a Freeman with commoners rights). I was born & bred in Lowestoft but now live near Harlech in North Wales, my father was from Milford Haven in Pembrokeshire & he met my mother when he was billeted in Lowestoft after being evacuated from Dunkirk in WW2 & settled there after the war. My great great grandfather was from East Anglia, went to Milford Haven to work, met my GG grandmother & settled there, then I met my wife whilst serving in the Royal Marines & ended up back in Wales where she's from originally, talk about boomeranging :)

15. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

My parents grew up in Vietnam and lived 5 minutes(walking) from each other! They didn’t know each other though. Then, the Fall of Saigon happened. My grandfather on my dad’s side was taken to prison for being part of the Southern army. My mom was put in jail for trying to escape. My dad and most of his family escaped on a military boat to later end up in Alabama. Then, his brother got a job in Houston and he moved to where I was born. My mom went to California with some of her family. Most of her family is still in Vietnam today. Then, both of my parents flew to Seattle(From Houston and California respectively) and met each other there.

16. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
    On the playground is where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    And said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air".

17. x

xloe Valued Member Member

That's a holla to the 90s kids if I ever heard one

18. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

IM an Italian girl from Queens New York!!!!

19. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Mom is from Hong Kong and my Dad was from Taishan, China...Dad came to America in the early 50's and became a chef and eventually owned own his restaurant.

20. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Wow! I had a fun time reading that!