Your aquarium stocking level is 386%. Thanks to Wal Mart. Help 

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The vast majority of LFS employees are misinformed, apathetic, just want to make a sale, or some combination (with some important exceptions -- those are the ones you want to KEEP GOING TO). Unfortunately people learn the hard way that taking advice from an LFS employee on fishkeeping is like taking an orthopedic consult from a salesman at DSW Shoe Warehouse.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey Cyrus, I just wanted to say and NO, you're not a bad person (or a bad fish-owner). I'm sure many of us have been in the same position as you at one point. When I won my 2 goldfish at a fair (the first fish I ever owned), I went straight to walmart and picked up a 1 gallon bowl. I kept them in that for the night until I started immediately reading about goldfish and discover that I'd be torturing them in there. The next day I picked up a 10 gallon kit and everything else they'd need. It wasn't until a year later that I discovered this site. Now I've got the 2 goldfish in a 29 gallon tank (eventually will be moved to >100 gallon pond), a 45 gallon tropical tank and soon to own a 5 gallon betta tank. By getting involved with this site, you've shown that you care about your fish and you want to know how to best take care of them. There are so many people here with invaluable information and I'm sure you'll be one of them in no time . I wish you the best of luck with your new hobby here ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom