You'd think he would notice...

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My boyfriend and I just bought a 55 gallon tank. We live with his parents currently and haven't told them we were doing this (don't worry, his father has been goading us to find a bigger tank for a while). He figures since they rarely come into his room we'll get it all set up and it'll be a sort of surprise.

Last night his dad's watching tv in the living room. He's sitting right outside our bedroom door, but facing the opposite way. And here we are carrying this giant tank behind him, my boyfriend is holding a conversation with him, and he's so glued to the television he doesn't even notice. It took everything I had not to crack up then and there.

Now I'm waiting for the chance to sneak up to the poolhouse and grab a bag of sand without his parents noticing. Wish me luck! ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Luck! and Welcome to FishLore!
Carol

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL you may not have to sneak too hard.......LOL a 55 Gallon is a BIG tank to not be noticed. Hee hee I bet my mom wouldnt noticed but I KNOW my dad would. Now...Go grab that sand!!!!!!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to the forum!!
Great story RayRay, be sure to post pics when you're up and running!

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol

Maybe you can set up the whole tank without him even noticing

Chris

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
when I was living with my husband's parents I couldn't set up a tank because they don't like a living thing in their house very much and it was one of my biggest wish when I moved in to my house the first thing I did was setting up a pretty big tank. you can't imagine how I felt when one of my wishes came true.
I wish you the best and good luck.
Bahar

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good luck, and keep us up dated on how it's going.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!! that's a great story with a nice visual!!!!
ive been setting up tanks while the bf is at work...he comes home and usually a few days later, asks "when did u get this one? " and just rolls his eyes and walks off LOL MTS is a sickness...watch out dad!!

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hehe thanks guys. And thanks for the welcomes, too.

I didn't get away with it xD all their sand was green on the bottom from being so old and left out in the sun, so I had to ask for a ride to the store. Guilt also got to me since they're letting me stay here for free. So I told his mom. Good news is, I got the green light (and the sand ). And his dad is quite impressed by it. He still doesn't know about last night though. Haha.

Currently it's half full since the hose doesn't reach his room, so I have to carry buckets back and forth from the bathroom. Tiring work, I tell ya.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hahahaha. I have to say I had a good picture of this happening on my head. Welcome to FL. Pics soon. Please.

tetralover77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
haha rofl I tried to do that with my brother

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
RayRay said:
Currently it's half full since the hose doesn't reach his room, so I have to carry buckets back and forth from the bathroom. Tiring work, I tell ya.
How on earth are you planning on doing water changes on that puppy? :shock:

Great story..... of course, now that I'm 52, I'm well aware that all the things I thought I pulled over on my parents I really didn't.....

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LyndaB said:
How on earth are you planning on doing water changes on that puppy? :shock:
With some buckets and a good deal of perseverance. lol. I've got a system worked out in my head, all I've got to do is try it physically and make the necessary tweaks.

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sounds so funny I can just see it playing out in my head

LyndaB said:
How on earth are you planning on doing water changes on that puppy? :shock:QUOTE]

Buckets are the way I have to roll too No pythons in Australia that I can find. Be glad you can buy them!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads