You might have a problem with fishkeeping if... - Page 2

Leeman75

Your google photo drive has more pictures of your fish than your kids.

Cara

Basil said:
taken over the downstairs bathroom as a water prep room.
In my case it was the laundry room. I have a slop sink in there so it's perfect. attached a hose to fill buckets in the corner and installed a shelf for drying cleaned items. Best part.....family didn't bat an eye

Should be doing laundry but here reading posts 10+years old

CHJ

CTYankee79 said:
4. You check Petcos site daily for a possible $1/gallon sale
As I gave that up I don't have a problem.
Now I cruise craigslist for cheap tanks. In the last month I have missed out on a free 220 gal and yesterday a full 100 gal setup. Only missed the 100 because my wife didn't think I should get another "big" tank before Nibbles tank is done.
After Nibbles tank is done I plan to search craigslist for large acrylic sheets instead of tanks thus distancing myself from having a problem even more.

PenguinTetra38

Your friends know you as the "fish guy" and send memes like
Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 10.20.28 AM.png

Cara

Reading posts on fishlore makes you want to run to your LFS and buy something. Anything.

HarrisonAquatics

You have so many ideas about what you want to do/buy that you can't actually complete anything.

I've taken to making lists of stuff and not allowing myself to spend a penny/even THINK about another project until the list labeled "1st" is completely finished. Or, at least I try. Very hard.

Also, look at this shrimp I bought that I definitely didn't have on any list!

Harlequin Shrimp.jpg

Betta'sAnonymous

You know you have a fishkeeping problem when you go to the store and employees ask YOU for advice.

NevermindIgnoreMe

When you get in trouble for doing too much research on aquatics instead of productive things.

RandomFishBoi

Who else gets a new tank, thinks of a stocking idea, makes a list of everything that will be in it, dreams about it for weeks, and then decides to cancel the whole thing and look for another stocking idea.

Betta'sAnonymous

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
When you get in trouble for doing too much research on aquatics instead of productive things.
I call this "being at work" lol

RandomFishBoi

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I call this "being at work" lol
Same. Except for me its school. I have semester exams today, and I'm all browsing through FishLore during the middle of my exams lol.

To be fair I still got a 26/28 on my career studies exam, and I was was browsing fishlore while in the middle of it.

Cara

HarrisonAquatics said:
Also, look at this shrimp I bought that I definitely didn't have on any list!
You can add it to your list then cross it off as completed

bettalover101

you have a dream of your goldfish eating one of your smaller fisih in the tank mind you actually had that happen

Cara

You get a notice from your calendar about "Q tank" , have no idea what it means, or when/if you even put it there.

aquafrogg

College kid version:

you base which college you go to on whichever one will allow you to bring your fish

you have a tiktok and YouTube channel dedicated to your fish/plants/pets

your friends want you to go out for the night but you can’t because it’s water change night

the first thing your RA does for room checks is stare at your fish

you’re known by the RAs as the one with the best room because of the fish and plants

Before you can drive an hour and a half away to see your boyfriend for the weekend you have to have water changes done and make sure one of your room mates will be home for the weekend to turn on/off lights and CO2

CHJ

Frank the Fish guy said:
You have used the term limnology
Or people who know you have used the term "fish hoarder".

Cara

Frank the Fish guy said:
You have used the term limnology
I had no idea what that word meant. had to Google. turns out that's what my daughter does for DEP

Latest threads

Top Bottom