You might be a fishkeeper if....

CatfishJack
Add your own, or if you need to be more specific like 'you might be a discus keeper if...' or 'you might be a guppy breeder if...', go for it!

You might be a fishkeeper if...
The carpet in your tank room is constantly peppered with drops of water
You wish you could buy stock in Seachem Prime
You have more five gallon buckets than you do pots and pans
You can rattle off all the scientific names of the fish and plants you keep, plus some you don't keep, but can't remember what you had for breakfast this morning

I keep fish
You might be a fishkeeper if..your name is I keep fish on a fish forum.

Raerianna
You might be known as a fishkeeper if: You start to get called the fish lady at work because your co-worker is hanging around your desk on his breaks and you talk nothing but fishkeeping.

JoannaB
You might be a fish keeper if ...
... you feel like you ought to be ashamed of yourself for ordering fish for lunch.
... your seven year old kid can recognize several fish species by sight.
... you need to do an emergency laundry of towels.
... you need to do another emergency wash of your younger kid's favorite stuffed toy because it landed in a saltwater tank while your family visited the petstore.
... you accidentally ordered shrimp food from amazon even though you do not have any shrimp yet, but had put the shrimp food in your cart just because.
... you wish you could have ADFs, endlers, and angelfish, but you realize that would require three more tanks than you currently have, and so you wonder when that is going to be possible.

Lucy
You might be a fish keeper if.....

You have 39,689 posts on FL.

im

AshWolFF
You might be a fish keeper if....

Your vacuum is filled more with various fish foods then dirt.

You look around your house and imagine how you could build aquariums in the walls, TV's, etcetera.

You have hooks on your walls specifically for holding rolled up gravel siphons.

You go outside for a walk and come back arms full of rocks for your future cichlid tank.

Bumblebat
You just spent an hour and a half in a nail salon staring at the saltwater tank without making an appointment or purchasing anything, while the employees stand by and make tssk'ing sounds at the state of your ragged aquarium water damaged nails.

matsungit
You might be a fish keeper if....

You spend so much money buying chemicals and equipment just to take care of water. Your water just happen to have fish in it.

ghardin
...you can't find a dry towel to save your life.
...you have hooks on your walls to hold up various nets.
...your mom thinks you've lost it.
...you've ever walked away from the LFS with a triple digit price tag.
...you have more fish food then you'll ever use.
...you're messy as anything but all your fish stuff is nice and neat.
...you don't even have to look at the API test instructions anymore.
...you know entirely too much about ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
...you love your fish more than anyone will ever understand.

So yeah. I've been waiting for this post for a long time. Had a lot saved up.

oscarsbud
you have more varities of frozen food for fish in your freezer than you do for people.

ghardin
You might keep guppies if you have two breeding nets full of fry in your main tank + a separate fry tank

ghardin
I keep thinking of new ones

You might be a fishkeeper if, you've ever been late to something because you stood and watched your fish for 15 minutes instead of getting ready.

CatfishJack
ghardin said:
I keep thinking of new ones

You might be a fishkeeper if, you've ever been late to something because you stood and watched your fish for 15 minutes instead of getting ready.
Out the door for work, quite often!

Gordinian
I love these threads!

*You can't drive by a fish store without going in... and can't leave without getting something
*All your fish have names (at least the ones you can tell apart from the others)
*You'd rather watch your fish than the TV
*Your LFS knows you on a first name basis
*Your fish is/are your screensaver

ghardin
Well the thing is, my 29 is on top of my dresser sooo, you go for pants, and then stand there like you're watching a movie

JustKeepSwimming
... If your best way to relax is by taking care of your tanks.

Musey
... you have more plastic kitchen utensils, gizmos, and gadgets stored under your aquarium than inside your kitchen drawers.

oscarsbud said:
you have more varities of frozen food for fish in your freezer than you do for people.
LOL! The only thing in my freezer right now is fish food (and ice in the icemaker)! Seriously!

slashgash
You might be a fishkeeper if you're talking nonstop to a coworker about your 'babies' and wonder why you're getting odd looks when you mention that there's over 50 of them that you know of, but could be more, until you remember you forgot to mention that they're BN pleco fry.

Butterbean
You might be a fish keeper if...if people are looking at you funny because you just excitedly told them you had a baby assassin ....

ghardin
You might be a fish keeper if you're supposed to be doing homework right now, but instead you're on fishlore.

Quinn_Lamb98
if your friends think you know everything about the sea when you are primarily freshwater. if you stood in a store for an hour watching a tv video of a reef (video actually looped)

CoryCats
You might be a fish keeper if

. . . once a week you and at least half the towels you own get soaked inside your house and you're not the least bit upset.

. . . .Any store you go into becomes a potential aquarium decor shop.

ryanr
You might be a fish keeper if..... (true story)
.... you walk into a restaurant at a Motel and see a small Saltwater tank with two Perc's and two bicolors, saying "That tank is too small for them!" [happened Saturday night] But their Freshwater display was awesome and well stocked!

You may be a fish keeper when you're desktop is a photo of you reef tank.... and people ask "where did the photo come from"..... to which you reply, it's my tank at home!

Ziabis
Funny you bring that up "ryanr". In my younger days when I hit the bars. I used to frequent
this one bar for 2 reasons. Great atmosphere and dance and because the had 4 massive aquariums. Always well maintained. But they were gorgeous.I used to make sure I got an upper seat so I could look into them Gorgeous....

Tonia
You might be a fish keeper if:

You attempt to educate friends and family members about what fish can join in which kind of tanks just because they point to one they think is pretty at the store.

or...

You walk into a pet/ fish store and automatically wonder if there's a way to fit one more tank in your house.

Disc61
when you walk into your local fish store and all the employees including owner looks up and says " Hey Tom, what's the next project?"

Raerianna
You might be a fishkeeper if: you try to convince your friends to get tanks just so you can help them stock and scape

ryanr
Disc61 said:
when you walk into your local fish store and all the employees including owner looks up and says " Hey Tom, what's the next project?"
I'll follow that with the Cheers line....

When you walk into the LFS and everyone knows your name :giggle;
And they don't need to qualify/arugue with what you're after!

Tigress Hill
You might be a fishkeeper if there's a risk of bankruptcy when visiting Tractor Supply or Lowe's for DIY materials

Jaysee
Lucy said:
You might be a fish keeper if.....

You have 39,689 posts on FL.

im
Makes me feel slightly better about my 17,656 posts on FL.

JoannaB
You might be a fishkeeper if you read about a truck transporting "plates", and you mentally correct it to "platies", and thus you figure it was a delivery truck for a petstore.

Jaysee
You read about a truck transporting plates??

CoryCats
If you get a job offer every time you go to one particular LFS

Tigress Hill
If Petsmart attempts to hire you illegally

Butterbean
You might be a fishkeeper if.... When out for dinner with your husband and friends you have to explain that the Whiskers you mentioned to your husband is not a cute nickname for your son or grandson ... it's your BN

bankruptjojo
if you have dumped over 2 gallon of water all over the floor.

Tigress Hill
If Fishlore is set as your homepage

Quinn_Lamb98
when you can actually sleep to the sound of splashing water, and not be able to sleep without it.

oscarsbud
Tigress Hill said:
If Fishlore is set as your homepage
I have to confess - FL is my homepage .

Tigress Hill
oscarsbud said:
I have to confess - FL is my homepage .
And mine as well.

2HeadedBoy
You might be a fish keeper if
...you no longer use the term "feeding" your fish. You now refer to it as making them "breakfast" and "dinner".

Butterbean
I Love this thread

AnthonyC4C
You might be a fish keeper if employees at PetSmart contact you to help with fish...

ALSO...

You might be a fishkeeper if... the head office of a chain of local LFS calls from their cell to talk fish

2HeadedBoy
you might be a fish keeper if
...you've ever paid $25 in shipping to have a $8 bottle of fish medicine shipped to you by FedEx overnight delivery.

OregonCoast
Jokes for fishkeepers...You know you're a fishkeeper if....

you are spending your evening trying to figure out new toys for your Betta Meep to play with. (true story)

You actually greet your fish like you would any other human being

Aquarist
Merged threads.

Ken

coacoa8506
You might be a fish keeper if you made up your own game while watching tv.
Find the fishtank...

seadragon
you might be a fish keeper if...you have a mcdonald jar and pack column in your living room

marine590622
You might be a fishkeeper if you have weighed the pros and cons of running a load of sponges and fish room towels in the washing machine. (Can I do this without her finding out?)

donny
You might be a fishkeeper if you buy your 4 year old neice a tank at christmas, just so you can look after it.

Top Bottom