Funny You Know You're a Fish Addict When...

EmiliyaCossack

We used to play this game in a horse forum I was part of a long time ago, I don't know if you guys have ever played it or if there used to be a thread on this, but I thought I would give it a go and start one.

You know you're a fish addict when...

You do water changes before cleaning your house even though you're having guests over. XD I only have an hour to prepare now... My house is a wreck. XD

A201

You know you're a fish addict when one replies to fish forums more than 10x a day. "Guilty".

SomeoneFISHy

You know you're a fish addict when...

You browse LiveAquaria for hours, dreamscaping (or just aquascaping in your head,) your dream tanks.

nikm128

You know you're a fish addict when you make plans around anything you've scheduled tank related instead of just cleaning the tank at a different time

erinw347

You know you’re a fish addict when you go to LFS to “browse” even though you literally have no room for any more fish

Leilio

You know you’re a fish addict when anything in the house can be repurposed to be used on the fish.

coralbandit

You know you're addicted to fish when you drill a 4 inch hole through your living room floor to plumb your 180g's sump into the basement .
Then since you are " down there " already you might as well add another tank or two ?
And after your son moves out you convert his old room into your fish room and have around 60 tanks ..
Personally I have spent most of my life addicted to something and it led me to right where I am now ..
I can't wait to see what is next !

Masoud

you know you are a fish addict when you have 6 fish tank already but you are thinking to add another one to add another species

FinalFins

you know you are a fish addict when your bank is broken due to complications involved with MTS

CHJ

You know you don't have a fish problem when you have calculated the cost of a shipping container and 3" Alibaba cell cast acrylic and are wondering if you can cut out your back basement wall and just support the house on the one side of the shipping container (that is cut out for the 3" thick acrylic wall).

Or as you sit on your couch in the basement you keep looking at the floor and thinking of that 3" acrylic and how good it would work as a floor over an 8'x8' pond that is 4-5' deep in your basement floor. Well if I take a demolition saw to the floor I can run 2" PVC plumbing to the wash room and just stick a sand pool filter back there..
Just have to learn to take off shoes when entering the house so as to not scratch the floor right?

Elkwatcher

You know you’re a fish addict when you feed your fish before your husband. Fish first honey...

david1978

Until you do some really sketchy stuff for your fish are even an addict?

Demeter

When you do water changes for so long you forget to eat and get the jitters from low blood sugar! You only notice when you start spilling more water than usual

coralbandit

Demeter said:
When you do water changes for so long you forget to eat and get the jitters from low blood sugar! You only notice when you start spilling more water than usual
What only 20 tanks done today ? Keep going !
david1978 said:
That sounds like a dare ! I have like no life besides work and fish so what do I need to do ..
How many more tanks do I have to get to please you ! I mean like 60 ranging from 2 gallon to 180g ...
We don't serve coffee at our meetings and the employees at Petco know who some of us are ...
So far I have it under control but you may push me over the edge !
Elkwatcher said:
You know you’re a fish addict when you feed your fish before your husband. Fish first honey...
My fish eat before me ?? They're like my kids .

jinjerJOSH22

When... 3/4 of your bedroom is fish tanks and you start thinking, "do I need a bed?"

kallililly1973

You know your addicted when you leave your house and everything around u reminds you of your tanks or branches and rocks that would look nice in them. and when you go from an 8.8 just for a beeta to a 55 a month later with 35 fish in it

Demeter

david1978 said:
I ordered black water supplies directly for Thailand and honestly I never expected to actually receive them, but I did and I was incredibly geeked. I've also let strangers into my house while home alone so they can buy some plants/fish!

Kjeldsen

You know you're addicted when you start lying about how many fish/tanks you actually have. That's NOT a new fish, he's just changing color!

coralbandit

Demeter said:
I was incredibly geeked. I've also let strangers into my house while home alone so they can buy some plants/fish!
^^This for sure !^^
No love for the art or living dangerously !

FathomtheFish

You know you're a fish addict when you spend all day ogling expensive shrimp on Aquatic Arts and rescaping/water changing lol. Also your family gets really fed up with anything fish related.

jkkgron2

You know your a fish addict when you think “Clean the house And when the guests come over they can say how nice the house looks, or do a water change and stare at your fish?” and pick the 2nd option!

EmiliyaCossack

jkkgron2 said:
You know your a fish addict when you think “Clean the house And when the guests come over they can say how nice the house looks, or do a water change and stare at your fish?” and pick the 2nd option!
I literally did that today and picked up my guest late at the bus station. Because I spent so much time on water changes so I had to fly around the house trying to make it look like we live decently.

mazz55

You know your a fish addict when you push all your friends to get tanks just so you can setup a new one and aqua scape it for them. (Because their is never too many tanks!)

pattersonbear

You know you're a fish addict when you're 13 and already setting up 3 tanks by yourself with your own money...
Also when you literally spend all of your time looking at fish and have a 4 page wish list of everything you want... Haha not like that's me right now or anything

mazz55

pattersonbear said:
You know you're a fish addict when you're 13 and already setting up 3 tanks by yourself with your own money...
Also when you literally spend all of your time looking at fish and have a 4 page wish list of everything you want... Haha not like that's me right now or anything
Fish grandmaster in training lol you should check out some videos of takashI amanos planted tanks he's a grandmaster of the planted aquarium.

ShastaDaisy

You know you are a new fish addict when you cruise this forum before bed because it helps you feel relaxed and centered...

pagoda

You know your a fish addict when you catch yourself holding a perfectly sane conversation with your Bolivian Rams and they start mouthing back at you....only to be interupted by the door bell and another human wanting to talk to you - but you find that the Bolivian Ram's chat is way more entertaining than the humans so you end up shooing the human out the door asap to get back to the Bolivian chatter which is then interupted by a very pushy Cory who wished to argue with you..........and before you know it its like a pub brawl in the aquarium

John58ford

You know you're a fish addict when you're seen checking the dumpsters at the boat launch for foam ice chests because you saw a YouTube video of someone making an above ground "pond" with one and your wife said no more fish "tanks"...

MacZ

You know you're a fish addict when you spent more time looking at your tank than at job openings.

TWiG87

O
ShastaDaisy said:
You know you are a new fish addict when you cruise this forum before bed because it helps you feel relaxed and cantered...
And first thing in the morning when you wake up!

EmiliyaCossack

TWiG87 said:
O

And first thing in the morning when you wake up!
I use the forum as a motivator to wake me up!

mazz55

pagoda said:
You know your a fish addict when you catch yourself holding a perfectly sane conversation with your Bolivian Rams and they start mouthing back at you....only to be interupted by the door bell and another human wanting to talk to you - but you find that the Bolivian Ram's chat is way more entertaining than the humans so you end up shooing the human out the door asap to get back to the Bolivian chatter which is then interupted by a very pushy Cory who wished to argue with you..........and before you know it its like a pub brawl in the aquarium
This post got me weak! Lol reminds me of when my gold dojo loaches are piled up in the corner all looking at me and one of my sterbaI Cory's come along and dive bomb the pile and all of them get whipped up into a frenzy!

Aquaridiot

You know you are a fish addict when you have more photos of your fish on your phone than of all other photos combined and find yourself showing them to strangers in line at the grocery store where you are buying fresh, organic veggies for... the fish.

Falena

You know you're a fish addict when you only have a few metres of floor space to shimmy around in because tanks are more important than floor space. Oh and when you have a dedicated day once a week that all your friends and family know you're not leaving the house or answering calls because it's water change day! And you want to spend time with your fish

CHJ

When you have run out of tank space you look at the ficus in the corner of the room and think "If I keep it real moist I could bury a bowfin in the planter."

Ariavin

You know you’re a fish addiction when you get excited over anything thank related getting delivered from an online order while you’re at work and having all your coworkers looking at you like you’ve lost your mind. Happened today when I had salty shrimp gh/kh and some pogostemon helferI delivered and yesterday when I had food delivered.

coralbandit

You now your are veteran fish addict when you are always the one who knows when the next Dollar per gallon sale is !

EmiliyaCossack

coralbandit said:
You now your are veteran fish addict when you are always the one who knows when the next Dollar per gallon sale is !
Do tell! I'm eagerly waiting for it for my dream rimless cube!

bumblinBee

You know you're a fish addict when you've accidentally siphoned fish water into your own mouth. More than once.

CoryBoi

jinjerJOSH22 said:
When... 3/4 of your bedroom is fish tanks and you start thinking, "do I need a bed?"
a hammock is the answer to your problem my friend!

you know you’re a fish addict when you spend 27$ on AN aquarium rock, or $40 on ferts.
you know you’re a fish addict when yo think about all the threads you are missing out on FL during the day!

Amazoniantanklvr

FathomtheFish said:
You know you're a fish addict when you spend all day ogling expensive shrimp on Aquatic Arts and rescaping/water changing lol. Also your family gets really fed up with anything fish related.
Same! I like to cruze aquabid more b/c the selection is always changing! Oh yes, I hear you with the family bit. My dad (yes, I still live at home) thinks that I'm nuts to spend that much money in driftwood.

You know that you are an addict when:
You have a problem spending any money on yourself but your fish NEEDS this so you don't think twice about buing the thing.
All you think about in your spare time is fish/aquascaping.
You wonder when the next time you will go to your LFS even if you don't buy anything.
Say good moring/good night and hello/good bye to your fish.
Wonder about what you are missing on fishlore at this exact moment so you quickly log on to see your alerts. But wait, you don't have any alerts! What are you going to do? Well respond to a new thread if course!
When you spent "too" much time on fishlore. (I don't believe there is such a thing personally but...……………………………….)

Hope I gave you a smile reading this!

nikm128

When you spend $60-80 on a single fish, then look at a $10 t-shirt and wonder why everything is so expensive

Amazoniantanklvr

nikm128 said:
When you spend $60-80 on a single fish, then look at a $10 t-shirt and wonder why everything is so expensive
It depends on the fish. Did you spend that on a discus?

jinjerJOSH22

nikm128 said:
This is sadly true although I haven't hit that price range...... yet

...... When you regret sleeping.
I finally got to sleep last night after 30 hours up and then missed 4 Gourami threads, no more sleep for me

Thanks CoryFan for @ing me, I appreciate it

idk

You know you're a fish addict when you start planning 5 new tanks and add everything to your cart and then realise you're broke BECAUSE of your current fish lol

nikm128

Amazoniantanklvr said:
It depends on the fish. Did you spend that on a discus?
Of course lol

pagoda

...A fish addict....when you're having a stressful day dealing with an incompetent government department, getting nowhere apart from wishing you didn't exist and you gaze longingly at your aquariums and ask your Ram if they would kindly move over cos I want to join you and be a carefree and worry free and stress free fish please

Amya

You know you're a fish addict when your phone has more photos of your fish than your children

Falena

Oh I've got another one!
You know you're a fish addict when your next pay check has already been spent on aquatic supplies a week before it's even in your account, then you realise you could really use some new clothes. But you can wait another month or 3, because all the things in your basket are absolutely necessary!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom