You know you have MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) when....

aquachris

I thought this would be a fun thread to get started... As I have something I need to share

------

Due to my passion for tanks, my mother wants to get a tank now (she has had them like 25+ years ago). Now the fun part is helping her setup remote (she lives in Florida, I am in Michigan).

Ghelfaire

I have 2 tanks, 55g and 10g, and turned my 20g into a succulent terrarium. (Somewhat regret it but it's pretty and demands so little from me)
My dad now wants an aquarium but only if I do the maintenance.

Betta'sAnonymous

Thanks to me and my several bettas and my wife's platy tank, my sister has 2 tanks of her own and has a 3rd she is debating what she wants to put in it. Also created a fishlore account lol

BigBeardDaHuZi

....when you are buying a stand for a twenty gallon “quarantine” tank and find a way to get a stand that can also hold a 40 at the same time.

The 40 will be on top, the 20 on the bottom. It is possible my wife might actually commit spoucicide if I try to go beyond that though...

erinw347

I at one point had 5 tanks in my bedroom, and i swore i was going to get down to one. I worked for months trying to get down to one tank and i did it.... for about a month. Then I got a betta tank and now I’m debating setting up my 29g for something
I have convinced both my dad and my friend to get a tank.

Sputnik

When I re-started fishkeeping I swore I would just have one, then upped it to only 2 tanks max, then 3 and now 4. Looks like I am increading by a tank a year!

Betta'sAnonymous

Sputnik said:
When I re-started fishkeeping I swore I would just have one, then upped it to only 2 tanks max, then 3 and now 4. Looks like I am increading by a tank a year!
And then 2021 is the year you increase by 2 or 3....

Betta'sAnonymous

When you start doing this kind of stuff for multiple betta tanks:

LadfromLondon

Oh, when as a student you take your desk out for a stand My bedroom is running 1x 110L Indoor pond, 2x 45Ls and 1x 25Ls...

I hope once everything settles down, I’ll start uploading better pics!

jake37

When you use pails as your aquariums since you're not allowed to setup any more 'aquariums'.
--
Btw anyone want a guppy fry that jumped into my pail ? There seem to be at least 4 in there but i wouldn't be surprise if there were 80. I mean after all if one fry can jump into a pail why not 100 ?

Pfrozen

LadfromLondon said:
Oh, when as a student you take your desk out for a stand My bedroom is running 1x 110L Indoor pond, 2x 45Ls and 1x 25Ls...

I hope once everything settles down, I’ll start uploading better pics!
That... is hilarious. LOL

Leeman75

When you start out with a single 55 gallon tank that you can do almost anything you really want to, but then you end up at 8 tanks, each with a different profile (South American Cichlids, Multies, Showcase, Giant Inherited Goldfish, etc.)

jake37

One limiting factors in setting up tanks is we don't have enough eyes to watch them all

Leeman75

jake37 said:
One limiting factors in setting up tanks is we don't have enough eyes to watch them all
Yeah, like that's going to stop us!

Skrabbitskrabbit

Just decided I can set up my “spare tank” in the kitchen if we remove or relocate the microwave...

Leeman75

Skrabbitskrabbit said:
Just decided I can set up my “spare tank” in the kitchen if we remove or relocate the microwave...
Who needs a microwave? You've got a stove and oven, right?

Skrabbitskrabbit

Leeman75 said:
Who needs a microwave? You've got a stove and oven, right?
Exactly!

Basil

Sputnik said:
Same here. BIL’s dad passed away leaving a house full of fish and tanks. Sure, I’ll take one. Sure I’ll take the fish that didn’t get given away on Craigslist.
Ack, that’s too many fish in that tank. Takes second tank. Ack, some of these fish need a larger tank. Coerces hubby to purchase me a 75 g for my birthday. And it’s somehow snowballed from there to currently 6 tanks.
But I swear I’m going to tear down the quarantine tank when the current Inhabitants move to their main yank.hilarious

MomOfLiveBearers

I mean this 3.5 gallon is cracked and really its not big enough so we might at well replace it with a 15. (Gets 15 gal up and running) o man friend what are you gonna do with that dead tank? Nothing? O well ill take it off your hands...... Sells 2nd couch, brings in 65 gall. Well i mean look at all these babies! The kid wants her own tank anyway, so lets just get it now and set up a nursery! (Comes home with a 10 gall)
Current status: spent about a grand on tanks since march. Have 3 up and running. Had to move them around since i was blowing breakers. Now trying to convince hubby to let me put a 10 gall in our bedroom. You know, so i can watch them while i go to sleep....... Lol.

MomOfLiveBearers

Found on etsy....

Utar

I also have MTS, but in my case money plays the master role in my decision making. I have several tanks setting in my my garage right now, two 10s, 20L, two 29 gallons, one 5 gallon and the newest a 75 gallon. Right now I have my 55 gallon setup and running with all my fish friends in my living room.

Hopefully after the first of the year I can free up the money I need to setup my 75 gallon.

Basil

MomOfLiveBearers said:
I mean this 3.5 gallon is cracked and really its not big enough so we might at well replace it with a 15. (Gets 15 gal up and running) o man friend what are you gonna do with that dead tank? Nothing? O well ill take it off your hands...... Sells 2nd couch, brings in 65 gall. Well i mean look at all these babies! The kid wants her own tank anyway, so lets just get it now and set up a nursery! (Comes home with a 10 gall)
Current status: spent about a grand on tanks since march. Have 3 up and running. Had to move them around since i was blowing breakers. Now trying to convince hubby to let me put a 10 gall in our bedroom. You know, so i can watch them while i go to sleep....... Lol.
I have a 10 g bedroom tank. No fish yet, just snails but should be stocked soon!

86 ssinit

This is a common thread that appears a lot . It really makes me feel good . Knowing I’m not alone . For me it’s my wife’s fault . She said about 2 years ago: if I get you a bigger tank will you put those 2 tanks of fish in it. I warned her!! I said remember last time! But no she bought me a 90g . And it now looks great next to the 125 that’s next to the 45 on the other wall a 75. Yes I do have a 5g shrimp tank (needed for any true mts). Oh and let’s not forget those 2 first tanks . Back than I said “well I’ll just store these over here” lol. Than oh I need a qt tank (qt very dangerous with mts). By the way 3 of mine are qt tanks . The joy of mts.

jake37

Yes but with your wife you have twice as many eyes and if you add a few kids you can double your eyes so you will need even more tanks !! Think about it for each child you can you add 4 tanks !

86 ssinit said:
This is a common thread that appears a lot . It really makes me feel good . Knowing I’m not alone . For me it’s my wife’s fault . She said about 2 years ago: if I get you a bigger tank will you put those 2 tanks of fish in it. I warned her!! I said remember last time! But no she bought me a 90g . And it now looks great next to the 125 that’s next to the 45 on the other wall a 75. Yes I do have a 5g shrimp tank (needed for any true mts). Oh and let’s not forget those 2 first tanks . Back than I said “well I’ll just store these over here” lol. Than oh I need a qt tank (qt very dangerous with mts). By the way 3 of mine are qt tanks . The joy of mts.

Rockymountainstream

86 ssinit said:
I tried to get more and calling them quoraten tanks. After my second one she told me to "USE A BUCKET." The only response I could give was, "yes dear "

aquachris

Another thought that occurred to me

My google searches are always trying to complete aquarium or fish related things now.

jkkgron2

aquachris said:

My google searches are always trying to complete aquarium or fish related things now.
Lol same. Whenever I search most of the things that pop up are aquarium or fish related.

Dippiedee

When your mother visits and the first thing she says is 'not another tank?!' ...

BigBeardDaHuZi

M
aquachris said:

My phone's auto-complete is now spelling out placidochromis and copadichromis for me

FishGirl115

Unfortunately I had to bargain with my dad by taking down one ten gallon so I could set up my 29. I'm currently at a nice solid 2 tanks. A 29 gallon betta sorority/community and a split 10g that houses two male bettas. That's not including the baby cory tank that will be taken down. I think two tanks is a good amount to keep. One big, one small. Not too much maintenance cause I have to keep up on school, chores, and everything else.

aquachris

FishGirl115 said:
Unfortunately I had to bargain with my dad by taking down one ten gallon so I could set up my 29. I'm currently at a nice solid 2 tanks. A 29 gallon betta sorority/community and a split 10g that houses two male bettas. That's not including the baby cory tank that will be taken down. I think two tanks is a good amount to keep. One big, one small. Not too much maintenance cause I have to keep up on school, chores, and everything else.
Seems reasonable.. Sounds like your upgrading anyhow in total quantity. Still excited to see your 29 complete! And definitely, don't want to take over all your time... More tanks, does mean a bit more time maintenance, but I also love to enjoy all my tanks, so I find I spend a lot of time just watching (which, has got to be kinda creepy for some fish) lol.

FishGirl115

Yeah. And I enjoy all my tanks! I wouldn't mind having one more, but since I just set up the 29, I'm pretty satisfied for now. Plus my whole family would kill me if I set up another tank. They didn't even want me to set up the 29. But yet my dad goes by the tank and stares at fishes once in a while
aquachris said:
Seems reasonable.. Sounds like your upgrading anyhow in total quantity. Still excited to see your 29 complete! And definitely, don't want to take over all your time... More tanks, does mean a bit more time maintenance, but I also love to enjoy all my tanks, so I find I spend a lot of time just watching (which, has got to be kinda creepy for some fish) lol.

aquachris

FishGirl115 said:
Yeah. And I enjoy all my tanks! I wouldn't mind having one more, but since I just set up the 29, I'm pretty satisfied for now. Plus my whole family would kill me if I set up another tank. They didn't even want me to set up the 29. But yet my dad goes by the tank and stares at fishes once in a while
Sounds like your getting him hooked somewhat.. there's the trick haha! Its also good for you to learn all that it takes on care/etc for those fish and responsibility. I would have loved it if my son would have been into it as a kid. Unfortunately he waited until he was an adult to get into them, so what can I do? LOL!

FishGirl115

Here's a picture of the tank now that it's finished aquachris . I still plan to add two more tetras, two more corys, and a pleco.

Basil

FishGirl115 said:
Here's a picture of the tank now that it's finished aquachris . I still plan to add two more tetras, two more corys, and a pleco.
That looks great! Good job!

aquachris

FishGirl115 said:
I love it! So full of plants too

FishGirl115

aquachris said:
I love it! So full of plants too
Thanks! Yes, I was going for that dense, jungle look

aquachris

Another thing just hit me I did this morning..

I was looking at a corner in my office I really don't have anything, and immediately measured it and am already thinking about what I can plan to put there.... I'm not even done with my rack setup!!!!

Betta'sAnonymous

aquachris said:

I was looking at a corner in my office I really don't have anything, and immediately measured it and am already thinking about what I can plan to put there.... I'm not even done with my rack setup!!!!
Yep. This part is defintely me to a T as well. Always looking around the house at empty spots or seeing where i can move something to create empty spots....better than my old hobby of scoping every room to see what can be used as a quick weapon and deciding how easy it was to get and how to wield it.

aquachris

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Yep. This part is defintely me to a T as well. Always looking around the house at empty spots or seeing where i can move something to create empty spots....better than my old hobby of scoping every room to see what can be used as a quick weapon and deciding how easy it was to get and how to wield it.
Well your new weapon is fish tanks . I realized I was scoping out this corner in my office that I have a few old computers stacked in... Was thinking, hmm... Actually would be a great quarantine stack - could fit 12" tanks... Was thinking I could put two there lol.

Rockymountainstream

aquachris said:

I just found my old 29 gallon tank buried in my parent's basement covered in 20 years of dust. So I pulled ot out,cleaned up and gave it a leek test. It all good
Now I am looking at furniture to get rid of so I can set it up in my house. I already have 3 it up. My wife is a little worried about me

Kribensis27

When you buy a 20gal just as a quarantine tank, but end up thinking "Hey, some corydoras and a betta would look good in there" and next thing you know you need a new quarantine tank

aquachris

Kribensis27 said:
When you buy a 20gal just as a quarantine tank, but end up thinking "Hey, some corydoras and a betta would look good in there" and next thing you know you need a new quarantine tank
This is what happens to me lol

Kribensis27

INeedHelpLol

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
....when you are buying a stand for a twenty gallon “quarantine” tank and find a way to get a stand that can also hold a 40 at the same time.

The 40 will be on top, the 20 on the bottom. It is possible my wife might actually commit spoucicide if I try to go beyond that though...
Yoo I'm trying to do this too! Did you do it? If so, how?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom