You know they say you fall apart at certain ages...

Angela_96
I know 30 isn't old old.. but yesterday while getting my hair done the sylist was washing my hair and my hair just came out in handfuls.. she said my goodness.. I know you didn't just have a baby.. what's going on? now I do have some severe thyroid issues.. and just so happend that's what is causing that... well on top of that.. talking to a nurse at work.. we were talking about restless leg.. she is 19 (just an aid) and she said she had it.. yea she has the little "twitch" I had like 3 years ago.. I said no honey.. restless leg is like this.. you lay down relax and your legs literally start dancing the cha cha in the bed and you don't know what happend? its like a poltergist took over...
that's when you need meds for it... I was right at 30 when the doc put me on meds to treat it... no I am finally sleeping...

I got to thinking about it.. its all scaring the out of me.. I have a nodule on my thyroid that took over, my thyroid doesn't work anymore.. so its causing havic on my body... my legs are like mexican jumping beans at night w/o sedation... my hair is falling out from my thryroid w/o meds (I have yet to see the doc to follow up on the bloodwork).. and I am severely anemic...

What the heck is going to happen at 40???? a body cast? My mom is in her mid 50s and her restless leg is just now as bad as mine.. (of coarse she doesn't work a job where shes on her feet for 12 hour shifts... )

sorry about the whine.... I know I am young I don't have to hear that one.. I just "feel" old...

kra-z-fishmumm
Been there. It can get better. Make sure that doc gets his bottom in gear and gets those tests ordered or if that's been done, get the results and have him deal with this issue. There is NO reason for you to have to suffer like this. Not at 20, 30 or whatever age. The thyroid affects many aspects of a persons body, including how other hormones are regulated. Keep us posted!

COBettaCouple
Yea.. I hear you.. when can we get cybernetic bodies?

capekate
I know 30 isn't old old.. but yesterday while getting my hair done the sylist was washing my hair and my hair just came out in handfuls.. she said my goodness.. I know you didn't just have a baby.. what's going on? now I do have some severe thyroid issues.. and just so happend that's what is causing that... well on top of that.. talking to a nurse at work.. we were talking about restless leg.. she is 19 (just an aid) and she said she had it.. yea she has the little "twitch" I had like 3 years ago.. I said no honey.. restless leg is like this.. you lay down relax and your legs literally start dancing the cha cha in the bed and you don't know what happend? its like a poltergist took over...
that's when you need meds for it... I was right at 30 when the doc put me on meds to treat it... no I am finally sleeping...

I got to thinking about it.. its all scaring the out of me.. I have a nodule on my thyroid that took over, my thyroid doesn't work anymore.. so its causing havic on my body... my legs are like mexican jumping beans at night w/o sedation... my hair is falling out from my thryroid w/o meds (I have yet to see the doc to follow up on the bloodwork).. and I am severely anemic...

What the heck is going to happen at 40???? a body cast? My mom is in her mid 50s and her restless leg is just now as bad as mine.. (of coarse she doesn't work a job where shes on her feet for 12 hour shifts... )

sorry about the whine.... I know I am young I don't have to hear that one.. I just "feel" old...
Its sound to me that you are hyperthyroid . I had many many nodules on my thyroid for years. It can run in families btw. Since my sister had it I knew what I was dealing with. Like you... I wasn't on meds either. Well its now a year later after surgery, removed the thyroid. I have been trying to stablize on synthroid and still have not got it right yet. I wish I never had the surgery.. I was happy enough being underweight.. lol. Had all kinds of energy... BUT the downside of hyperthyroidism is being very short tempered, no patience... heart palps, and basically your body is in over drive on a continual basis. It was amazing the difference after surgery, for the first time in years I seemed to be able to 'mellow out'. BUT now I'm dealing with a hypothyroid and the weight gain. ugghh...
I hope that you get the bloodwork back, and you can get started on a medication that will calm down the over active thyroid. Of course, when I was hyper, I felt like super women... doing everything.. having all that energy... but I was driving everyone crazy! lol... with mood swings. Very rarely are thyroid nodules cancerous, especially when they run in families, but my endo dr had me scared when she wasn't too sure about a few of them after an ultra sound and I finally after 13 years, consented to the surgery. It was fine of course... and to me, I would never of had the surgery otherwise.
Good luck with it.. hope it all turns out well for you.
~ kate

Butterfly
Get you in gear and follow up on that blood work. Yep I know it can be scarey but waiting can just make it worse. We want you around for a long time on the forum so get a move on
Carol

mrsmuffin
I was diagnosed with hypothyroid about 9 months ago. It was very extreme and they are still upping the doseage of my meds, but it amazing how much better life is now that I am taking them. I didn't realize how bad it really was until I started getting better!

GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR!

sirdarksol
Sorry to hear. Hope things get better.

Angela_96
Thanks... mine is def hypothyroid.. all the t4 levels were low... I do hate being this age and having health problems.. I should still be a spirng chicken!

mrsmuffin
Thanks... mine is def hypothyroid.. all the t4 levels were low... I do hate being this age and having health problems.. I should still be a spirng chicken!

I hear you, I am only a few years older than you...

Allie
30 yrs is when my hair started falling out I had bald spots starting at the temples. Then when I about 34, my hair grew back in & is twice as thick. My hair was straight with a bit of wave...now it's wavy with a bit of curl. I can actually wear it shorter now. Much more body too much in fact.
Last year I found out that I am pre-menopausal...now this is an interesting thing to go thru. Hot flashes, night swats, itchy extra dry skin & suddenly I am noticing wrinkles. With the bit of arthritis I have in my shoulder and knee I feel like I am 80 if I stay in one place too long. It's nuts. Aging or getting older isn't that bad of experience as of so far. Tho the hot flashes I can do without.

Narcicius
I feel so out of place on this thread. I'll be leaving now.

Martinismommy
Just look at it this way, when you are my age you'll be thinking those were the good O'l days! lololol You have so many more surprises ahead of you as you turn 50 awwwwwwk

Angela_96
30 yrs is when my hair started falling out I had bald spots starting at the temples. Then when I about 34, my hair grew back in & is twice as thick. My hair was straight with a bit of wave...now it's wavy with a bit of curl. I can actually wear it shorter now. Much more body too much in fact.
Last year I found out that I am pre-menopausal...now this is an interesting thing to go thru. Hot flashes, night swats, itchy extra dry skin & suddenly I am noticing wrinkles. With the bit of arthritis I have in my shoulder and knee I feel like I am 80 if I stay in one place too long. It's nuts. Aging or getting older isn't that bad of experience as of so far. Tho the hot flashes I can do without.

I lost a ton of hair right after I had my last child (literally the week after it was coming out in handfuls) I had bald spots.. my hair is natural curly... its actually not changed.. but I do keep it shorter than I ever have and straighten it... to loose some hair.. wouldn't be a huge deal.. bald spots...I hope not..
I already have issues w/ a knee where I had surgery w/ arthritis in it.. otherwise no real "aches and pains" (w/ the exception of problems w/ my wrists from ambuing patients, other words using a bag to breathe for them for hours on end during emergencies in the hospital it takes a toll after w while..) .. I hope it stays that way for years I can handle the knee and the wrist...
My mom was menopasual really young.. I hope I don't take that after her.. because if I do I have about 5-6 years..

Allie
I lost a ton of hair right after I had my last child (literally the week after it was coming out in handfuls) I had bald spots.. my hair is natural curly... its actually not changed.. but I do keep it shorter than I ever have and straighten it... to loose some hair.. wouldn't be a huge deal.. bald spots...I hope not..
I already have issues w/ a knee where I had surgery w/ arthritis in it.. otherwise no real "aches and pains" (w/ the exception of problems w/ my wrists from ambuing patients, other words using a bag to breathe for them for hours on end during emergencies in the hospital it takes a toll after w while..) .. I hope it stays that way for years I can handle the knee and the wrist...
My mom was menopasual really young.. I hope I don't take that after her.. because if I do I have about 5-6 years..
The joy of being in our 30s.

Angela_96
yep.. and I just hit it.. lol I'm dreading the 40s and up!

sirdarksol
I feel so out of place on this thread. I'll be leaving now.

Should we start a "healthy guys not griping about anything" thread?
You know, I think I should probably duck and cover now.

Angela_96

You might want to talk to my husband that's 32 and works 160 hours a payperiod... he says he feels 60... it will hit you sooner or later!

Allie
I am sure you must have something to gripe about.
I'd throw something at you but I am sure my shoulder would give out in the process.

sirdarksol
I know that (though am taking steps to minimize age's impact)

I stand by my joke. That was quality comic material.

Angela_96
lol... most guys don't complain about age as bad as us females... of coarse.. you also have to take in consideration guys don't have babies either, and go through the our bodies do!

Allie
lol... most guys don't complain about age as bad as us females... of coarse.. you also have to take in consideration guys don't have babies either, and go through the our bodies do!
Plus we use our emotional side of the brain. That alone is tiring. I also think we complain more in general than men. BUT a man with a cold or flu =

sirdarksol
Yeah, but this is a guy who uses the emotional side of his brain. I was tormented mercilessly in school because I was seen as effeminate.
Of course, now I'm married while many of the guys who teased me are going through divorces.

Sabi

I know my Moms hands and sometimes her legs also twitch like this, she has and 'underactive' (the one that makes you thin?) . She too takes med. Recently, I seem to have lost a lot of weight but then I can't say my hands/legs twitch. Apart from that I have been going thru some emotional, err, ups and downs. Now my parents want to take me for a thyroid checkup. Well, i'd rather not go, frankly i'm afraid of what's going to happen!
A lil comfort from me- Dont worry Steveangela, take each step as it comes!

Tavel
I'm down a bumpy road...I'm 22 and already have a bum shoulder and weak back from work. Awesome!

Sabi
I was happy enough being underweight.. lol. Had all kinds of energy... BUT the downside of hyperthyroidism is being very short tempered, no patience... heart palps, and basically your body is in over drive on a continual basis. It was amazing the difference after surgery, for the first time in years I seemed to be able to 'mellow out'. BUT now I'm dealing with a hypothyroid and the weight gain. ugghh...
I hope that you get the bloodwork back, and you can get started on a medication that will calm down the over active thyroid. Of course, when I was hyper, I felt like super women... doing everything.. having all that energy... but I was driving everyone crazy! lol... with mood swings. Very rarely are thyroid nodules cancerous, especially when they run in families, but my endo dr had me scared when she wasn't too sure about a few of them after an ultra sound and I finally after 13 years, consented to the surgery.
~ kate
Yeah describing me in recent weeks. And some of what you said my Mom was telling me.

Angela_96
Thanks Sabi... I am looking forward to finally getting this under control! It could be a lot worse... I have a cousin that's just 33 and was stocking bass in his pond behind his house from huge buckets and did major nerve damage to his back, now he has to have surgery... he works as an electrican for a coal company in WV making major money, and now he has a new baby (not even 2 months old...) a mortgage, all that land w/ the large pond, and now hes going to be out of work for a long time w/o workers comp... not to mention he had a hard time w/ the doc they were testing him and even said "come on I know your faking we see these workers comp guys all the time wanting off work..." then my cousin looked at him and said I'm not here for workers comp I was stocking fish in my private pond at my house I wish I was at work when I did it! All the test was: the one where they hit your knee w/ the hammer.. his leg had no response from the nerve damage.

He is way to young for this! I really feel for him. I'm glad my problems I can take medication and go on to work.

Angela_96
Yea they watched the nodule on my thyroid for 2 years.. I don't know really how long it had been there I know that I have had issues w/ my weight its been like sybil has been controling it no matter what I eat! that's been since before I met my husband 8 years ago.. I weighed about 130 when we met, after I had my first kid I gained all kinds of weight, took it off, back on, back off,... its been like a yo-yo.. now its at a stand still and my thyroid is all the reason where its finally just said I give up...

the thyroid nodule is obviously not cancerous if it was it would have spread everywhere in my body by now!

But not just that the only real issue is my thyroid is finally just saying nope not working anymore this thing has took over!

Allie
Yeah, but this is a guy who uses the emotional side of his brain. I was tormented mercilessly in school because I was seen as effeminate.
Of course, now I'm married while many of the guys who teased me are going through divorces.
:console:

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
  • Question
  • BettaFishObsessed
  • Reptile
Replies