You have six 75 gallon tanks...what would you do?

MomeWrath

I was looking at my 75 gallon aquarium this morning and thinking, 'Wow, I love this aquarium....and I would also love to have a 75 full of goldfish, and a 75 full of geophagus, and a 75 with a ton of tetras with glow-y bits, and a 75 full of red-spotted and red-shoulder severums, and a 75 full of just angelfish, and a 75 to keep some gouramis and other fish from SE Asia, etc. etc.'
So I thought I would ask all of you:
If you had (6) 75 gallon aquariums, what different fish would you keep in them?

Kitley

wowsie...I have one, and would love to have six. My current one has mostly tetras. My next one I am hoping to put in cichlids. I cant even dream beyond that...lol

Kitley

Kitley said:
wowsie...I have one, and would love to have six. My current one has mostly tetras. My next one I am hoping to put in cichlids. I cant even dream beyond that...lol
Just thought of a few more...one for snails and shrimp, one for rams

Basil

I also have one with tiger barbs. Queen loaches, and soon to be flying fox (in quarantine now).
And I have an empty 75 that I want to eventually do African cichlids in.
Hmmm, so maybe a South American tank with corys and tetras (my favs are bleeding heart, serpae, and lemon) another Asian tank with golden zebra loaches, gold barbs (moved from my 40 and add more) and maybe harlequin rasboras. And one with a red tailed black shark and scissortail rasboras. Can’t think of what else now!

MomeWrath

Different strokes for different folks, right? Y'all and your tiny fish lol XD Although I do get it. I would love to have one with three schools of tetras - ten each of diamonds, head and tail-light, and lemons, all full of jungle val and water sprite with some amanos zipping around.

Pariah

1.)A native tank with pumpkinseeds or longear sunfish.
2.)A severum tank.
3.)A South American community tank with swarms tetras and corys.
4.)A community tank with whatever compatible fish my kids want.
5-6.)Whatever my wife wants in the other two. Or whatever she wants in all of them.

Gh05t

I have 3 75s currently; I really like the tank size as it is large enough to keep most "wet pet" cichlids and also large enough to do impressive mixed tanks. With 6 more this is what I would do:

1) Severums...probably wild Rotkeil with Buenos Aires Tetras and BNs. Sand, wood and lightly planted.
2) Barbs of various random species...Filaments, Black Ruby, Gold, Mascara, Tiger. Rocky river scape with floating plants
3)Zonatus cichlid
4) Nanoluteus cichlids, and wild swordtails. Wood, Rock, Moderately planted
5) Female Dovii cichlid
6) Orbicularis Oscar...lightly planted with wood and rock, Pink tailed chalceus

A201

I'd trade in all the 75 gal. tanks for one
210 gal. & stock with schools of Dawkinsia Barbs - Filament & Mascara, a couple of Tinfoil "Altus" Barbs, Tiger Barbs "all color morphs", Denison Barbs, Botia Loaches - Tigers, Red Tails & YoYos.
I already have some of those species, all juveniles growing out. Going to need a bigger tank soon. Lol.

QCAquaholic

1. Rainbow fish
2. North American native fish
3. Discus
4. South American blackwater

That’s all I can think of right now.

MomeWrath

A201 said:
I'd trade in all the 75 gal. tanks for one
210 gal. & stock with schools of Dawkinsia Barbs - Filament & Mascara, a couple of Tinfoil "Altus" Barbs, Tiger Barbs "all color morphs", Denison Barbs, Botia Loaches - Tigers, Red Tails & YoYos.
I already have some of those species, all juveniles growing out. Going to need a bigger tank soon. Lol.
See I just don't think I could ever keep just one tank, no matter how big! There are wayyyy too many fish I love that just can't get along. Like when I came here I was not into goldfish at all, but now I absolutely adore them. There's not a mean bone in their bodies. But I obviously can't keep them with my other fish...solution: more tanks! I'm just dreaming though...

A201

I've been keeping African Cichlids for the past seven years & have some really beautiful fish.
I have to admit that I'm getting a little tired of managing the hyper aggression issues & miss the fast paced schooling & colors of Barbs.
So I went out & bought a bunch of Tiger Barbs, Filaments & Altus Tinfoils "smaller species". I ordered more Filaments yesterday.
Two relatively big tanks are about all I can handle.

Fishcat

Lots of corydoras!
And maybe one with lots of kuhli loaches, or a medium sized pleco. Some hatchetfish maybe; I like the marbled ones. Some tetras zooming around through lots of plants.
Maybe one with Scleromystax instead of corys. I guess I think primarily in terms of catfish and similar.

Mii

Tank 1: super planted jungle-y tank. small school of dwarf neon rainbowfish, big school of cherry barbs, school of Siamese algae eaters (not to be confused with the Chinese algae eaters which are mean and kill all your fish), some sort of apistogramma to add color to the bottom of the tank as the SAEs are just silver, and 3 pearl gourami for the big centerpiece fish (they are social so you can't get just one, plus watching gouramis interact with each other makes it way more fun)

Tank 2: Green terror, some sort of pleco. Mainly focus on the hardscape with rocks and driftwood as big cichlids often destroy plants, although I'd probably attempt to house it with an anubias because they're tough, and some floating plants which should stay out of the gt's way.

Tank 3: goldfish galore, goldfish proof plants like anubias

Tank 4: super planted with tons of tiny fish like tetras, rasboras, endlers, maybe small barbs, plus a few clown plecos because they look cool and eat algae, and one dwarf cichlid to make it a bit more interesting

5: Cichlid community

6: rare/fancy plecos.

MomeWrath

Gosh I forgot about barbs!! Yep so now I need eight....because i need one for barbs...I think I'd go with cherries and gold barbs (no idea if they are even temperature compatible off the top of my head...just think the colors would look good together) or OH Denison barbs!!!
Then in #8 I'd have to have silver dollars. Not barbs I know but A201 mentioned tinfoil barbs and that made me think of silver dollars. I guess a big fake bamboo plant and a lot of driftwood and a school of 6 or 8 tinfoil barbs and a lemon BN pleco. Yep. That would about do it.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom