You gotta hear about this <3

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Eienna, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

OK, kind of a long story.
    BUT.

When had my tank disaster and lost my cycle (my QT wasn't cycled either) I was desperate to reduce ammonia levels, so I surrendered some of my survivors. Among them was my group of 4 peppered cories. Now, I stop by my LPS quite a bit, and I often saw them (my group - they were pretty big so I would have known the difference if they were others) in the rehome tank. I really started to feel bad about sending them away in the first place - my loyal, happy cleaners who never complained! Anyway, the three biggest eventually found homes, leaving the youngest alone with no other cories. He looked lonely and unloved, so I decided to bring him back home. He might school with my lone young panda (sole survivor of the group I bought not long ago,) right?

Well, I was on my way elsewhere yesterday so I had to have Mom pick him up and bring him home. He was so still and dull in the LPS tank that I had to poke him with the end of a net to be sure he was still alive before calling Mom to go get him. I paid and left.

Mom said he looked so vacant (even depressed...) when she picked him up that she wondered if he was going to live. She put him in the main tank (I'm trying to cycle my QT and there had been no stock additions in "his" LPs tank that I knew of) He went straight behind some driftwood and stayed there. She left. I cam home later, checked on him momentarily and turned the light off as it was very late. The next morning he was sitting under the cryptocoryne. I startled him and as he darted off he noticed the young Panda cory. They investigated each other for a moment, but it was an instant friendship. They're all over the tank side-by-side now, though the Peppered needs to regain some stamina. <3 It is SO cute. I'm uploading a video now to share, so check back in a few minutes <3 <3 <3 I didn't know a fish could be depressed, but it seems so...he's perked right up and actually looks happy again now!

2. OP
    OP
    Eienna

3. f

fishyluv Well Known Member Member

Soooooo Sweet! So glad you went and brought him back home!!! I think he missed his home!!!

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

That is cute! I'm sure the cory is more his speed than the clown loaches :)

5. Butterbean

Butterbean Valued Member Member

What a happy ending ..Thank you for sharing :;perfect

6. OP
    OP
    Eienna

LOL no kidding...the panda tried for a while...I felt sorry for him!

7. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Awwwww....cory buddies!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice