You are all probably going to be mad at me, but...

Tom
I was at the monthly aquarium meeting and got a hold of 2 yellowtail damsels for $10, so I couldn't pass that deal up. I also got some more LR and about 3-5 lbs of live sand and a small green mushroom coral for 410, so I spent about $20 on my Saltwater tank today and I love my tank even more then before. I will have some pics soon.
Tom

Drea
no we're not mad...we understand. Anxious for pics!

Tom
I know you're not, but there are some people that would say it is overstocked. But I am getting a larger tank made right now.
Tom

Drea
I knew you would....

Tom
Ya, it will be a proper nano tank that is a proper cube of 13"x13"x13".
Tom

voiceless_kat
That is neat Tom. I really like those fish, but of course, must just enjoy other peoples since I don't and probably won't have that kind of set up. Good luck with them,.
Ok, and why does a "nano" cube have to be 13 x 13 x13 x 13...and what exactly is a nano cube???

Val:;sman

Tom
Oh, I was just getting it to be a cube with each side being 13", a perfect nano isn't exactly 13" on each side.
Tom

voiceless_kat
Oh, I was just getting it to be a cube with each side being 13", a perfect nano isn't exactly 13" on each side.
Tom

Ok, so what is a nano cube??? I see them in the catalogues, but don['t get it. I guess I could google, but I would rather ask you, LOL

Tom
I think just a perfect cubed tank that is at least 5 gallons. I would be getting a 10 gallon nano instead of my 5.
Tom

Mike
Some say a nano is anything under 30 gallons, others say anything under 20 gallons. Here's my nano: JBJ Nano cube

And TOM - how could YOU!!!! Just kidding, ;D

In a 10 gallon you'll see some bickering between the yellowtails though. The live rock should help them with hiding places.

Tom
Some say a nano is anything under 30 gallons, others say anything under 20 gallons. Here's my nano: JBJ Nano cube

And TOM - how could YOU!!!! Just kidding, ;D

In a 10 gallon you'll see some bickering between the yellowtails though. The live rock should help them with hiding places.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was planning on adding on adding some more LR the next time I went to the store, maybe another couple of pounds of the stuff. But I also have some filter sponges that I cut up to use for hiding places and something for bacteria to cling to since the tank doesn't have a proper filter at the moment, but I plan on getting on when I upgrade the size of the tank.
Tom

Tom

That is what the original owners said when they were in their 30 gallon, but I think my Talbot's put them in their place. The ruler of the tank shows who is the boss of the tank. lol
Tom

Mike
As you've already noticed, lots of pent up aggression with the damselfishes. Small fish syndrome. They are very protective of their "turf".

Tom
As you've already noticed, lots of pent up aggression with the damselfishes. Small fish syndrome. They are very protective of their "turf".

Ya, it is neat to see all the fish swim around quickly because one is chasing another is being chased by the third one. But I will add some more LR when I go in next.
Tom

Sabi
Ya, it is neat to see all the fish swim around quickly because one is chasing another is being chased by the third one. But I will add some more LR when I go in next.
Tom
Some train that!
Am I correct in thinking that damselfishes are of the aggressive kind?

Tom
Some train that!
Am I correct in thinking that damselfishes are of the aggressive kind?

You're correct with that fact.
Tom

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesses89
Replies
Views
DanB80TTS
Replies
Views
weiseront