Yo Yo Loaches

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

i was just wonderin r the yo yo's rare over here in the UK cause i cant find any anywhere in Northern Ireland and i'd love a few 4 my tank! ? Does any1 have any ideas?

Thanks

C W

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

They are not real common here in north Florida, but not hard to get either. Can you ask your local fish store to order them for you? That's what I was gonna do when I got mine, but they just happened to have some available.

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

i'll try that

thanks!

C W

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Hey Craig, I looked for some for a while but coudln't get any over this side of the UK... maybe try order online?

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

never tried that b4 whats it like??? and what are the fish like?? best website 2 order from??

C W

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

dont think u can order fish online in the UK havent heard of it b4 over here

C W

7. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

http://www.uda.co.uk/

From what I hear, shipping fish is legal in the UK, but highly regulated and expensive.

The folks above are very very good.

Dino

8. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

Have you ever tried ordering fish from Dr. Foster and Smith's website. They ship me catalogues regularly. You can get fish shipped from there.

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Their great to order from also but don't know if they ship to the UK or not.
    Carol

10. rob2uk Member Member

whatever you do, don't order fish from outside the UK unless you want them to sit in quarantine at Heathrow for 6 weeks!

It's also really expensive because you're importing livestock and they whack a hefty tax on it

11. Craig Well Known Member Member

lol i dont think i'll bother i'll hav 2 do without

C W

12. Craig Well Known Member Member

it looks like i'll b gettin 2 yo yo loaches luke16 is orderin sum in for next saturday hes takin sum as well 4 his tank !! cant wait they look class

C W :D

13. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Excellent! Try and get at least 3 if you can. 2 will be fine, but 3 would be better! You will love them!

14. Craig Well Known Member Member

that plan fell through!! the breeder has none left !! there r 2 yo yo loaches on ebay.co.uk should i order them from there they say they send them off on tuesday and there at ur house by wednesday????

C W ?

15. Craig Well Known Member Member

if u check out the site 4 me type in yo yo loaches in the search bar on the front page it will show u them it also tells u all the good feedback from others who hav ordered?

16. Craig Well Known Member Member

i ordered them guys they come on tuesday wednesday or friday the breeder im gettin them from sends them the day b4 any idea on the way they come ? do they come in the bag?? how do they survive?? and keep the temp. of the water the same?? or is it just luck if they survive on the journey?? so many questions this is the 1st time iv done this so i dont hav a clue if they do happen 2 die on the journey which she says has never happened b4 i just send them bak 2 her without openin the bag and she gives me my money bak it cost me £20 but i get £4 bak when i send the box bak 2 her if the fish arrive safely :D excited but anxious on how they will b!! its a long journey for them through the post from befordshire in england 2 bangor in northern ireland

i hope they r class and well!!!!!!!!!!!!! C W

17. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Craig, my fish have always arrived in bags, which are placed in an insulated box and mailed. When the box arrives, just treat the bags like you would if they came from the fish store and acclimate your fish slowly with a few tablespoons of your tank water added to the bag about every 15 minutes in case the ph is a lot different from yours. Make sure you don't add the water they came in to your tank.

18. Craig Well Known Member Member

yes i wondered i have 2 send the box bak if the fish r well and healthy i thought it would b an insulated box how can the fish survive so long in the bag without much oxygen though??

C W

19. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Some places add pure oxygen to their bags when shipping.
    Carol

20. Craig Well Known Member Member

my 2 yo yo's came 2day YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! they r class still babies so small there hidin away at the minute they came in a polystyrene box all tapped up with maskin tape then inside that fortress there was loads of bubble rap then inside that lay a small small tiny bag!! with 2 yo yo's in it its called an air bag it hardly had any water in it just air!!!!!!!! but they seem well and r pretty active!! do yo yo's sleep on their sides like clowns or is that just clowns??

C W :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D