yo yo loaches

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Anyone, please! I have 3 yo yo loaches in my 55 gallon. The prob I am having is aggression towards the cories, particulary my pandas! Is this normal for dominancy? I am so distressed, I went out and picked up a 38 gallon to transfer fish all around so they are not with cories at all. I took on these 3 fish for a favor for a friend and really enjoy them but am worried about my cories, my first loves!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yoyos are very active and very interactive with other fish. Are you seeing actual damage or do the corys seem stressed? My yoyos are constantly on the go I don't know when tehy sleep
Carol

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi Carol! I have been slowly losing fish since the yo yo's were introduced. I noticed a particular panda being chased and harassed terribly by the yo yo and found it dead yesterday. I purchased a 38 gallon and spent hours moving a 29 gallon contents to that, moving cories to the big tank and now I have 3 yo yo's and 8 white skirted tetras together in the 38. When I was trying to catch the yo yo's, I removed everything from the tank and found a carcass decaying. My missing serpae!!! So, needless to say it is time for a water change and good vacuum.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry you have lost fish. i can't imagine yoyos being aggressive but evidently yours are. I would just give them plenty of room and no small bottom dwellers. Good luck!
Happy New Year!
Carol

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Same to you! It was expensive buying a new tank and stand on the rush but they are in with no other bottom feeders. The tank is 36 inches long so other than possibly adding a gourami, I am stocked well. Happy New Year to you, too!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like the perfect tank for them, now relax and enjoy them for they are really great little fish.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom