YIKES!

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

hey i live in ohio and my friend wants a big tank i will have to let him know ahbout that

3. Jon Well Known Member Member

dammit why cant anything good ever happen in colorado ; (... im in the market for a 125 but im lookin acrylic neway..

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

it looks so bad though :(

5. Jon Well Known Member Member

well what do you expect its 99 cents... lol

its not that bad just need some silicone some razor blades and some know how. for 99 cents its definately a good deal lol

6. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I still wouldn't buy it for 99 cents. Seems like more work than its worth

7. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol well... one man's trash is another man's treasure... not to call you a man but thats how the expression goes...

id be more than willing to buy it if i lived close to him... worst comes to worse you take out the glass and use it for a different purpose.

8. Marc Well Known Member Member

125 gallon turtle tank? I must say, if I could go pick it up, I'd definitely get it. Wouldn't need to hold much weight so a patch would work well >:)

9. Jon Well Known Member Member

the glass is thick enough for fish... just need to patch it up and give it a lil TLC

10. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yeah if i had somewhere to put a 125 gallon (and the money to set it all up--right now I wouldnt be able to afford the gravel, all the plants, filter, huge heater, etc...not to mention the fish) I'd buy it...its not that hard to fix a crack

11. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol when i look at the expense of setting up freshwater tanks after getting into salt it all seems so laughable... no live rock or corals or $1200 lights...

freshwater tanks seems so cheap now

12. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

you haven't started your salt water tank have you b/c if you haven't you could still get a huge tropical tank

13. Jon Well Known Member Member

not yet but im definately starting a saltwater... i love the corals and the bright neon fish... you just dont get the variety with tropicals imo... i like tropicals but i really love saltwater. Im just about to start buying the stuff my dad and i are starting to build the stand and i am going to buy the tank off ebay within the week.

14. Maida_gc Member Member

You can't "Patch" a big crack like that. You'd need to replace the entire one side with new glass most likly - which still may be worth the effort. ;)

15. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Probably true, Maida_gc, but it would cost a lot less than buying a new 125. Heck, I'd take the thing if I could...oh well, 10's are good enough for now. ;)

16. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol of course you cant patch a crack like that what was i thinking, for some reason i thought it meant there was a leak in the corner... not a crack in the glass

but your right of course

17. RoboDude Member Member

wow