Yikes! All My Fish Are On One Side Of The Tank..

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Anything vibrating on the opposite side? There was a post on here with something similar, they left a phone alarm(I think) vibrating and it scared the heck out the fish.
No..no vibrating. ;)

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ronniethewitch said:
how's your guppy doing now? Any improvement?
Thank you for asking. One died last night. Another this afternoon and it looks like one of the last of my 2 is dying.:( I don't understand how with great water parameters and clean water this is happening. I won't buy anymore guppies. I've buried each one. Makes me so sad.

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ronniethewitch said:
I meant no offence re: water changes. Weekly changes are great for normal maintenance, I was thinking that when there is an issue and we are unsure what it is (we only test for a few things, right?) Extra water changes can sometimes help with diluting the problem until you figure it out. I sure hope you do figure it out. :)
I'm sorry if I sounded snarky. That wasn't my intention at all. Just worried about my babies.

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ronniethewitch said:
Do you have something dead on that side? One of your fish, or a snail?
No dead things.

Ronniethewitch

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I get you. It just really is a mystery to me. I just want to keep your remaining fish alive.

Ouskamp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ronniethewitch said:
I get you. It just really is a mystery to me. I just want to keep your remaining fish alive.
This morning I awoke to only 1 Guppy. My last blue one died during the night and Brave is my last one (he's orange and the sole survivor). However, my Rasboras are doing great. I thought that Guppies would add a nice pop of color to my tank and they're so cute! Over the last month they slowly dropped off. It's a mystery how with the excellent water parameters, clean water, food and lots of plants, etc. that they didn't make it. Tank is at 78. Maybe it was too warm or too cold? Maybe the pH for Rasboras is different for Guppies? I just don't know. I'm just saddened that I bought them to give them an awesome home and instead, they met their maker in such a short time.:( Thank you to all that tried to help. I appreciate you and your time.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Probably not the issue, but I'm curious what your pH is. I can't keep livebearers well, I'm sure it is my soft water.

Ronniethewitch

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You say your parameters are great, but what are they exactly? How long ago did you cycle? Are your rasborras newer? What's the order and time frame for building your tank?

I ask because losing so many fish in such a short time is not normal, even for fragile fish...it's just not. We really do need to figure out the problem before more die on you.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads