Yet another example of the *excellent* advice given by walmart people

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was at Walmart today with my mum getting something and, of course, I couldn't resist the fish section even though it makes me furious every time I go in there. As if all the dead fish weren't bad enough, some lady came in to ask one of the employees a question. She was getting a Betta to keep in her classroom (in a small bowl of course--what a great lesson to teach little kids). She wondered if she had to bring the Betta home over the weekends or if he would be fine without food. The store employee said something like, "Ummm....I think it will be find over the weekend...yeah it should last the weekend without food, but just get there extra early Monday morning and if it died then quick come and buy a new one so your students don't find out." What the heck is that!!?? Like, can theypossibly be a bit more obvious that they don't care a bit about the fish but just want to make money? > Even sadder was that the lady--not just any lady but a teacher who is supposed to be teaching children!--just said something like "ok, that's good to know" and walked away before I could say anything. I can't imagine how some people can care so little about animals. At least I know the Betta will be fine over the weekend without food, but that someone would suggest just buying a new one if he dies, as if it doesn't even matter...well that makes me realllllly mad... ok done venting.

ricktavious

Well Known
Reaction score
I'm sure some little snot nosed brat will end up killing the poor thing in a few weeks........... animals + class rooms = disaster

OP
0morrokh

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ricktavious said:
I'm sure some little snot nosed brat will end up killing the poor thing in a few weeks........... animals + class rooms = disaster
Yup that pretty much sums it up. >

Heh I guess I'm not done venting though. Got so mad I forgot why I originally posted. While I was in the fish section (before the teacher incident) I couldn't resist looking at the Bettas, even though it's always so depressing. The conditions were horrible...the cups weren't even half full--there was only an inch or two or water in them, so the Bettas all had their fins (or what was left of them) scrunched up near their body so they could stay under the water. The cups weren't clean either. I've never seen such depressed Bettas in my life...I wanted to bring all of them home. There was one in particular who I wanted to rescue so badly...he was very faded but looked like he'd be a pretty red marble. He looked so sad, not moving at all except for his eyes...he kept looking around desperately as if looking for someone to come rescue him...

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
and the teacher will say something like "ok, that's good to know"

ricktavious said:

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
And I"ve pretty much given up on saying something in cases like that, as they just get really annoyed with you, adn don't listen anyways.

0morrokh said:
Yup that pretty much sums it up. >

Heh I guess I'm not done venting though. Got so mad I forgot why I originally posted. While I was in the fish section (before the teacher incident) I couldn't resist looking at the Bettas, even though it's always so depressing. The conditions were horrible...the cups weren't even half full--there was only an inch or two or water in them, so the Bettas all had their fins (or what was left of them) scrunched up near their body so they could stay under the water. The cups weren't clean either. I've never seen such depressed Bettas in my life...I wanted to bring all of them home. There was one in particular who I wanted to rescue so badly...he was very faded but looked like he'd be a pretty red marble. He looked so sad, not moving at all except for his eyes...he kept looking around desperately as if looking for someone to come rescue him...

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea.. we've had some respond well and others it goes in 1 ear and out the other.im

armadillo said:
And I"ve pretty much given up on saying something in cases like that, as they just get really annoyed with you, adn don't listen anyways.

New Threads