Yesterday was a very sad day :'(

Fishboy32

So yesterday Shadow my massive 5 inch long common longfin bn pleco died. He died because he got in scuffle witch Charlie long ago.

So what happened is that he got scratched up by Charlie and fungus grew in the cuts weakening him I didn't know it was fungus back then. Already weakened he had his 4 brood of eggs the 3rd successful one and he didn't eat for a long time which weakened him even further and fanning the eggs and chasing away the threats weakened him to the point that he died.
So I saw my smallest swordtail Sparkle hiding in the cave which I thought was funny because shadow didn't chase her away so I told my family and got the flashlight to see the swordtail and the brood of eggs. The eggs I found out had newly hatched into wrigglers and the swordtail went away because it was scared of the flashlight but when the swordtail swam away I noticed that Shadow was upside down not moving or breathing I yell to my family crying that one of the fish has died they asked me which one died I told them with tears in my eyes that it was Shadow.
We got the cave and dumped it in the water and shadow floated down upside down stiff as a rock. We got him with a net and put him on a paper towel. Shadow had officially died.

I got my pickaxe and an algae wafer and buried shadow with the wafer. I was nonstop crying for the rest of the day sad that my first and favorite fish had died. My funniest fish with the most character dead. All that personality lost. At least I still had albino shortfin female caramel. His body was pretty intact when I found him.

Question I found him with his cheek spines open what does that mean?
Now I have a question what type of bristlenose pleco should I get tell me the type and show me a photo.

BradleyH2O

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Fishboy32

So what type of bristlenose pleco should I get?

BradleyH2O

How big do you want him to get/how big is the tank?
I think my next pleco will either be a Snowball or a Blue Eye Lemon

ForBettaorForWorse

Oh, that's so sad. I remember seeing this post, mostly because one of my fish died that day too:(

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Yeoy
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
AlphaBettaOmega
Replies
Views