10 Gallon Tank Yes!

MaddieLynn
I've FINALLY defeated those evil nitrites! WOOHOO! I did 2 tests of the water just for an expirement, one from the water in the middle of the tank and one from the water coming out of the filter, and they both came back 0 nitrites! Nitrites are all I tested today. Yesterday my Ammonia tested 0 and my Nitrate tested 10, so my tank is cycled, right?

On another note, is it normal for water to come out of the test tube when I'm "vigorously shaking" for my ammonia and nitrate tests? I put the caps on, but a little water still comes out...

Shawnie
you need to do all 3 tests to be sure..not just one...or not just another....and no it shouldnt leak out but some have said theirs does...mine hasnt and not sure if that's a default in the kit or not...once you do all 3, post the readings and then you will know if its done..

MaddieLynn
OK... since I just tested for nitrites about 30 minutes ago, I don't need to do it again, right?

Shawnie
nope

MaddieLynn
OK, just did the tests. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate about 10.

I just noticed that the PH is pretty high - about 8.2. Could that have been what killed Venus? There's not anything I can do about PH, is there?

cerianthus
Is your tap that high? Although high , should be ok for most livebearer.
Can you figure out why so high (Gravel, deco, tap water, etc)?

MaddieLynn
Yes, the tap is that high. The tap water was actually purpler than the aquarium water!

Shawnie
id say yes you are cycled..congrats!! if you get a piece of driftwood, that helps lower the ph

MaddieLynn
I have a bug hunk of it for my 29 gallon which is waiting for a stand!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom