YES YES YES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atmmachine816, Mar 19, 2006.

1. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

With 11 baby guppies and them being a total value of over 40$ include tax my mom and dad might let me set up my spare 10 gallon to raise them in since I have filter and a heater for it and I will leave it bare bottom for mimum cost and maintence. And maybe just maybe I can prove to them how little cost and maintence it is to leave it running and if i can sell these guppies I can convince them to let me leave it up and running to raise more guppies in ;D ;D ;D ;D

WISH ME LUCK

Austin

2. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

You are selling 11 guppies for $40 dollars!?!?! How are you doing that? :eek:

3. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

No total value of the guppies are 40$ by the lfs price 2.50 a guppy but I might be able to sell them back at 1.50 a guppy so I can still make a nice sum of money if I can keep them.

4. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ya but first I have to keep them alive for a week or two then my mom and dad might let me set up the 10 gallon

5. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

Hmm...wow please let me know if you sell them for $1.50 each! I thought lfs's would only buy for like $5 for a whole bunch of them, if that. Wow if I could sell my 30-odd swordtail fry for that much (they're $2.50 at my lfs too) I could buy a ten gallon with that money (I'm not going to though lol unfortunately)

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Sorry my math is wrong they have a total value of around 25$ but Emma I dont konw how much my lfs will buy them for I am going to talk to them today about it and they may only give me in-store credit but I will take that too but I am hoping they would buy them around 1-1.5 $ a piece but if you say they take a bunch for 5$ dollars I will still take that since they are easy to raise and fun.

7. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I will let you know if I can find out todya on how much I can make off them

8. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

ok thanks, i've never raised fry before so I dont know how much they are worth...

9. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

same here

10. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I dont have a lid though any ideas on a makeshift lid since I am not allowed to buy one for the 10gallon

i am thinking plastic wrap stretched over the top

any ideas

11. JasonWell Known MemberMember

man ur math is bad if u got 11 X 1.5 = 40 ........... :D
    Hopefully the'll buy them i'll have to find homes for mine in a few months time

12. MarcWell Known MemberMember

You'll be getting something closer to $15, if they even pay that much. I'd expect something more around $10, if you're lucky. You'll be spending about that much on food for the 3 months you'll be keeping the little guys until they're big enough to sell :)

13. vinWell Known MemberMember

Local glass shop/Home Depot - Get a piece of plexi glass cut to size with a hole just large enough for you to fit your finger so you can lift it off........I'd get it just large enough to fit the inner rim of the top tank trim. You can even modify it to accommodate the filter, heater, etc.......

14. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Two lfs's won't take them though I want to talk to the GM of one since I have started to become friends with here and the major fish store around here said they would though but the person who buys them wasn't in so I don't know how much I will get for them but all I care is getting another tank, somebody taking them and having fun raising them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice