Yes! Finally getting a canister!

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by QQQUUUUAADDD, Dec 14, 2012.

1. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

I've wanted an Eheim 2213 for my 29 for the longest time. I've finally convinced my dad to get me one. I'm excited! It will replace my AC 70.

2. plug

plug Well Known Member Member

I love my eheim 2213...so quiet...and needs so little maintenance

Just make sure you get some instructions online before setting it up because the instructions that come with it are horrible,,,and a struggle to find the English....

3. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

Great news!!! Have fun! :)

4. Siggi

Siggi Well Known Member Member

Great filter!! You won't regret it.
    It's just a little hard to get going: You'll have to fill the intake tube with water, manually until there is no air in it, put it into the tank and then turn it on...

Take out the foam pads and sponges and get some bioballs to get a good culture of beneficial bacteria.
    Leave a spacer in the bottom, and a sponge to mechanically filter out particles; then fill the rest with bioballs.

Good luck with it.

5. OP
    OP
    QQQUUUUAADDD

What do you mean by "spacer" Siggi?

6. Siggi

Siggi Well Known Member Member

Normally these Eheim's come with a collection of green sponges and some dish-like grilles with small 'legs'. If I placed the sponge in the bottom, it would sometimes clogg the orifice from the intake tube and the remaining sponge would be clean.
    In the bottom of the cannister I used to set such a grill/spacer to make a divider of water so that once the water begins to penetrate the filtration materials, it would do so evenly. I guess it makes the intake of water to the container easier.

7. OP
    OP
    QQQUUUUAADDD

The Eheims ordered from Amazon should come with all of the Eheim media correct?

8. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

Does it not have a primer?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice