Yes... Another Cycle Question @texasdomer

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by ajgravedigger13, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ajgravedigger13Valued MemberMember

@TexasDomer

I got the API test kit like you suggested on my original post about the danios killing my rainbows. So I found out with this test kit I have:
    high range pH: somewhere between 7.6-7.4
    Ammonia: kinda hard to tell but looks like it's not 0 but less than .25
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrate: 5 ppm

Am I properly cycled yet?

If so what are some stocking suggestions? I know I do need/want more pearl danios 13a8031be5cfbb841ce09ed69727267a.jpg

2. ChaoryValued MemberMember

You can message the person directly, just in case you don't know. But it looks cycled to me. Maybe just the light, but I usually hold the glass tube right next to the color chart, right in the light, and place it on the white background of the color chart. This way you can get a closer color match reading.

3. andychrissytank

andychrissytankValued MemberMember

Yeah it's cycled
    ammonia looks like 0 or 0.1 so theres nothing to worry

4. OP
    OP
    a

ajgravedigger13Valued MemberMember

Thanks guys what are some semi agressive fish that are compatible with danios?

5. fishychachki

fishychachkiValued MemberMember

If you mean celestial pearl danios (CPD), they are not true danios and are morphologically and behaviorally different to what you typically see in danios. The set of possible tankmates also differ significantly so you may want to state your specific species clearly when asking for recommendation.

For CPD I'd say no aggressive or semi-aggressive fish. The closest 'semi-aggressive' fish I could think of is honey gourami or some dwarf cichlids but then idk how temperature compatible they are. Please do your own research before deciding if you want to get any of them.

If you're open to stocking suggestions that are far on the more peaceful side, maybe similarly sized fish like ember tetra or pygmy corydoras if you have 20 gallon long or bigger tanks. For 10 gallon or anything smaller, a species-only tank is probably your best/only option with CPD.

6. OP
    OP
    a

My pearl danios don't look like that. They're a silver color

7. wapooshe

wapoosheValued MemberMember

what's your tank size?

8. OP
    OP
    a

55 gallon

9. wapooshe

wapoosheValued MemberMember

If you still have room maybe 2 angelfish? They are semi-aggressive and can get territorial, they have been known to be compatible with zebra danios, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you introduce them together as babies, so when they grow up they will be considered as companions not food or competition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice