Yellow Watchman Goby - Damage Or Disease?

grumpyray
I noticed my yellow watchman goby has a torn fin. What worries me is that he isn't eating today and seems a bit quiet. Can someone please tell me whether it looks like torn fin from fighting or disease? All his fins are all closed up. Thanks in advance.

2e5b865c0854e6f46c97cbb3d5feb9e2.jpg

427d128523033f81c90e514bef1fb3fe.jpg

FishyKat
Any other tank mates? any crabs? Looks like it's been bitten or snipped. he could also have bumped against the rock to shred.

If he's eating and swimming normally, and water testing is good, I wouldn't worry about it.

grumpyray
Yes there is a canary blenny in the tank but I never seen them swim close to each other though. I will keep an eye on them. I was really worrying that it is some kind of disease in the tank. Anyways the watchman changed to pale white this morning. Is there any reasons for it?
e0bd4f83edde65338592e4b8601660d6.jpg

FishyKat
It's possible he is really a female- female watchmen turns white as they age

Of course she could also be stressed. Keep the lights low and see how she does in a day or so

grumpyray
Would it be possible for it to turn to a female when it is the only watchman in the tank? Does it also mean I can add another watchman to see if they can pair up? Thanks for the help. I'm a beginner in saltwater tank.

FishyKat
it is possible if she's the only fish in the tank too.

I am not sure about pairing gobies though, I can't help there, but maybe someone can

grumpyray
I just got home and checked on the watchman. Unfortunately it passed away. I will never find out what is going on in the tank.

FishyKat
aw, I am sorry

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom