Yellow Tang

  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started
I have never seen a fish have so much personality! I got my yellow tang today, and she is swimming everywhere and acting hyper! LOL
 

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Messages
889
Reaction score
582
Points
138
Experience
More than 10 years
Typical yellow tang behavior very active fish constantly swimming about.
 
  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started
Jayd976 said:
Typical yellow tang behavior very active fish constantly swimming about.
She is all over the place. Very fast swimmer!!
 

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Messages
889
Reaction score
582
Points
138
Experience
More than 10 years
What's your tank mate plans?
 
  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Messages
889
Reaction score
582
Points
138
Experience
More than 10 years
Blue hippos require at least a 180 gallon tank and require expert care and are very susceptible to many diseases more so than other fish. Do some research you don't want a hippo tang.
 
  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started
Jayd976 said:
Blue hippos require at least a 180 gallon tank and require expert care and are very susceptible to many diseases more so than other fish. Do some research you don't want a hippo tang.
Is it normal for this yellow to swim up and then back down and over and over again?
 

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
1,683
Points
158
It is called glass surfing and it is usually associated with stress.
If I do not remember wrongly you had a rough start with some Ocellaris in an uncycled tank. How did it all went now? Did you cycle the tank?
I would suggest you to check the water parameters to discard stress from them. If your water parameters are fine then I would just let him be, maybe he is just acting like that because he is getting to know his new home. If the odd behavior continues then you should start looking for signs of disease or anything that may be causing stress.
And I would not suggest you to get blue tangs, they are beautiful fish but they are super delicate and need an enormous tank size.
 
  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started
BeanFish said:
It is called glass surfing and it is usually associated with stress.
If I do not remember wrongly you had a rough start with some Ocellaris in an uncycled tank. How did it all went now? Did you cycle the tank?
I would suggest you to check the water parameters to discard stress from them. If your water parameters are fine then I would just let him be, maybe he is just acting like that because he is getting to know his new home. If the odd behavior continues then you should start looking for signs of disease or anything that may be causing stress.
And I would not suggest you to get blue tangs, they are beautiful fish but they are super delicate and need an enormous tank size.
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 5
pH: 8.2
kH: 11
Salinity: 1.024
 

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
1,683
Points
158
Your water parameters look pristine, they are beautiful to look at lol.
Mmm, give him some time, you added him recently right? He may just be acclimating (I guess you drip acclimated him right? Even then it may take some more time to fully feel at home ). If the odd behaviour continues then come back to us.
 
  • Thread starter

seabear

Valued Member
Messages
106
Reaction score
22
Points
28
Experience
Just started
BeanFish said:
Your water parameters look pristine, they are beautiful to look at lol.
Mmm, give him some time, you added him recently right? He may just be acclimating (I guess you drip acclimated him right? Even then it may take some more time to fully feel at home ). If the odd behaviour continues then come back to us.
Yeah, I got her today. I acclimated her also
 

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Messages
889
Reaction score
582
Points
138
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree he likely just needs some time to settle in and adjust.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom