Yellow tang in trouble

jeff56
HI all,My 18mt old yellow tang is in trouble it is swimming on the bottom of the tank at a angle and has what looks like a red line running from just above its eye down it's back for 1in(looks like a burst blood vessel),I noticed about 10 days ago that it was off it's food done a partial water change last weekend.
any help would be appreciated.
all the best
Jeff.

Martinismommy
Sorry your tang is feeling bad..Can you post a photo of him? It will be helpful in evaulating his condition....

jeff56
sick fish

This is him.

Martinismommy
Gosh, it looks like he may have scratched himself on something...He seems a little pale..Is he eating good? What other fish are in with him?

jeff56
Started acting unusual about 10 days ago off food and staying out of view the red line looks like a blood vessel now he stays at the bottom of the tank, there are 6 other fish a clown, blue tang, black saddled Toby, blue damsel devil a chromis and a Hasselt Goby the tank holds 120 ltr's

Martinismommy
What are your ammonia and Nitrate levels? When is the last time you did a water change? I'm more concerned about his lack of color..

If you click on the camera under my avatar pic to the left you can see pictures of what a healthy yellow tang should look like...I feel really bad for your little guy...

One more question...How long has your tank been up and cycled?

sgould
Could be a scratch, but could also be lateral line disease. What was the tang eating before this started? How often do you normally do water changes? What are your current ammonia, nitrite, nitrate readings?

jeff56
panic over He’s made what looks like a recovery swimming a lot more and straight and his colour is back the red line is still there through ,thanks for all the help will keep you updated if anything else occurs .
Jeff

Martinismommy
That's great news! Can you post your water readings and how long the tank has been running please.....This will help in the future...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Money1834
Replies
Views
locoyo386
Replies
Views
Morgan111
Replies
Views