Yellow Tang Help

oceantides

I have four fish in my 75 gallon tank, (fish only with live rock) I recently had to put a divider to separate my Yellow Tang and my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown, the clown on one side with a spotted damsel and the tang on the other side with the pajama cardinal. They have all been together about 3yrs but the clown became more and more aggressive with the tang, clown has chewed off all the tangs fins Hate to divide them but wander if the Tangs fins will grow back! What can I do...

Stang Man

Maroon's are very aggressive once they get to a certain age and it only gets worse.You may want to get rid of the clown....

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!!!!!

oceantides

thanks, would be hard to part with the clown after over 3yrs , may have to get him a tank of his own. it's very sad what he's done to the tang....

Stang Man

Yes it is but you need to separate them soon.

Aquarist

Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have moved your thread from Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates to Tangs - Surgeon Fish/Yellow Tang section of the forum. You can always locate your threads by clicking on My Threads in the blue bar close to the top of the screen.

Best wishes for your fish and I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

Stang Man

Thanks Ken are we getting full at that subject? LOl Thank you for all that you do for us here at the MIGHTY FISH LORE!!! I am PrOUD to be a part of this group!!! Thumbs up Mike!!!!!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom