Yellow Tang for my tank

Discussion in 'Yellow Tang' started by nap83, Oct 1, 2005.

1. n

nap83 New Member Member

HI GUYS, I WAS THINKING OF JUST GETTING A YELLOW TANG IN A 10 GALLONG TANK. DO YA GUYS THINK IT'S POSSIBLE?

THANKS!

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Re: >>YELLOW TANG<<

Saltwater? Freshwater? forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure what kind of fish your talking about.
    If your talking about saltwater Yellow Tang the reccomendation I found was for 50Gallons of water.
    hope that helps.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    n

nap83 New Member Member

thanks, i decided to go with a freshwater puffer. i'm setting up a 30 gallon soon for saltwater so i can have 2 clownfishes & a yellow tang!

4. c

cocoboy821 New Member Member

i've been thinkin also about gettin a yellow tang for a saltwater tank that will be 75 gallons or more. i was also wondering what kind of fish ya'll would suggest to be tank mates with it. i would love to have a couple of clownfish, and i have a friend that suggested i try to find out what kind of fish dory is from nemo and try to get one ::). i was also wondering about about blennies, gobies, and cardinalfish if anyone knows anything about them.
    ;D thank ya'll

5. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Hi,

I have a yellow tang. They get way too big for a 10 gallon tank and they need swimming room, so a 55 gallon minimum is recommended.  They are especially susceptible to saltwater ich, so you'll definitely have to quarantine for a few weeks before introducing in to the main tank.  They also need highly oxygenated water, either thru airstones or high surface agitation with power heads.

More info:
    https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-YellowTang.htm

If I recall the movie correctly, I think that Dory from the Nemo movie is a hippo tang... Not sure though

Yellow Tangs are one of my favorite saltwater fish - they are really beautiful and fun to keep.

Mike

6. M

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Get dwarf puffers!! They rock :) Pretty easy to keep as well ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice