Yellow Tang Attacking Sailfin Tang

Monmon

HI we just got a new Sailfin and our Yellow Tang was harassing it for about an hour but they seem fine now and swim beside each other. Was this him just showing the new tang who's boss or will they continue to fight in the future? They have been calm for a couple hours

Tyler Fishman

you should really add tangs all at once.. once established the more dominant tang will always pick on the weaker one

BeanFish

I heard some people have had sucess with sticking an of a bigger tang to the glass.

Monmon

BeanFish said:
I heard some people have had sucess with sticking an of a bigger tang to the glass.
Oh wow really? That's funny I will definitely try it out thank you. They aren't fighting anymore since the introduction but they do puff out their fins when one gets too close.

Jayd976

Monmon said:
Oh wow really? That's funny I will definitely try it out thank you. They aren't fighting anymore since the introduction but they do puff out their fins when one gets too close.
definitely keep an eye on that. That's an obvious sign of aggression if you start to see the scalpel come out and they start tail striking each other you're going to need a Plan B for one of those fish real fast.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom