Yellow tail acei holding?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by namehater, Mar 19, 2010.

1. n

namehater Well Known Member Member

first and foremost, sorry for no pics, i just noticed the fish last night before bed and havent had time to round up the camera. i will work on it when i get home from work today.

ive had my yellow tail acei for about a 10 months i think, they are all in the 2.5" - 3" range.

last night i noticed that one of the acei looked like it had a big rock stuck in its mouth. its mouth wouldnt close all the way and the sides of its mouth seem to be pushed out, as well as under the mouth. last night i couldnt get a good look, but this morning it was looking me right in the eyes so i had a perfect frontal view.

its mouth was slightly open and it looked like eggs were in its mouth, im not sure tho. it looked like little off-white balls.

does this sound like its holding eggs?

it does to me, but for some reason im concerned that maybe its something lodged in its mouth. not sure where my paranoia is coming from lol.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. g

gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Sounds like she's holding to me. If she doesn't feed then it's more than likely babies.Good luck
    Nick

3. u

upeternell New Member Member

acei babies

I have had two Acei. I guess a male and female because I have about 13 little fish. Not sure what to do with them. I had them in the same tank for about 2-3 weeks and they are getting bigger. What should I do with them? I only have a 40 gal tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice