Yellow Prince

Cacret
I don't know why, but I think my Yellow Prince wants to breed. All week it has been building nests everywhere. Ever since the death of my crayfish, my yellow prince always goes to the top of a plants and,chills there, like,it is his throne. I have no idea whether it is a male or a female. Can it breed with a blue peacock ?
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1426072048.626076.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1426072097.034629.jpg
I really want to keep him happy. I decided just him and a partner would be fine. Do you think when I get my corydora tank, just him/her and one more of his mate will be ok with the others?

"Loving a pet is not enough, you have to discipline it, feed it and treat them when they are sick."
-Cacret

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1426072245.263932.jpg

"Loving a pet is not enough, you have to discipline it, feed it and treat them when they are sick."
-Cacret

delta5
I think it is a male. What kind of fish is it? Looks like a real 'dirty' yellow lab. If it is they're mouth brooders. I think you'll need to get him a yellow lab, or other female cichlid that has a yellow male counterpart.

Cacret
Ok! I actually looked fir the exact specie ! Is it a yellow Mbuna ?

-Cacret

jerilovesfrogs
I don't think breeding him will 'keep him happy'. I don't think fish think in their heads.....ohhh gee, if only I could breed i'd be so happy. ha. so if you have another reason for wanting to breed him, then ok. but I wouldn't for the soul purpose of happiness. ya know?

delta5
Breeding makes everything better.

BGKFan
I wouldnt go that far delta xD!

delta5
I wouldnt go that far delta xD!

It really does. You get to see a closer rep of what they'd do in the wild, and it is a joy raising fry.

BGKFan
Well I just mean to say, some fish become extremely territorial and aggressive once they start breeding (angelfish clearly come to mind ) other than that and spacial requirements I do agree helping your fish raise fry etc is fun.

jerilovesfrogs
some people really love breeding and raising fry. I don't think i'm one of them....but if you are, and have the skills to do it, then cool! but there are things to think about.......separate tanks for the fry or parents (in certain cases), which would mean more filters/heaters etc. obviously some fish you don't have to do much with, like guppies, or convicts. but some are challenging.

delta5
You could do yellow labs and their fry will re-enact the hunger games with the other adult fish. Def avoid convict breeding if you want to keep other fish with them.

BGKFan
which he will, so bottom line in this case, don't get another lab Cacret lol

Cacret
Ya, not too fond. I got him cause he was alone in a gourami yank

-Cacret

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cacret
Replies
Views
Thetanknwebie
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Cacret