Experience
2 years
15093779256041867980088.jpg
1509377941757394612992.jpg
1509377974334933694463.jpg
15093779901291276696624.jpg
1509378089628324561499.jpg
Oookaaay sooooooo.
Long story short I receieved 3 gold barbs, 4 longfinned tetras, and a bunch of panda platys off a woman who had a DISGUSTING tank she was breaking down. Everybodys been in quarantine for about a month and Ive noticed 2 things which Id like to bring to everyones attention to maybe get a straight answer.
Ive read EVERY fish disease out there but nothing really fits.
I have a panda platy who has started sitting near the bottom, still has interest in food,- one of my barbs swims with its head down in sort of a 45° angle. So the questions are: why might the barb do this? Its otherwise fine and the other 2 seem perfect, other than a bruise when they might swim into an ornament or each other. AND the platy..... he seems to have a clamped back fin missing most of its webbing and his skin is yellow. YELLOW?! mostly on his head is the yellow, and on his tail. Since receiving the fish the platys pink gills have lightened up CONCIDERABLY and everyone else seems to be doing really well.
Im attatching a picture of each the barb and the male platy.

Attachments

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If that tank they came from is really that bad, they are probably just stressed. The barb in particular, as swimming with the head down (or up) is something they sometimes do when they're freaking out. It could also be a problem with the swim bladder.

I don't see anything wrong with the platy other than it being slightly miffed about something. I would keep them all in QT for a while, to make sure they are healthy, before adding them to your tank.

OP
A

Alycs Lessard

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If that tank they came from is really that bad, they are probably just stressed. The barb in particular, as swimming with the head down (or up) is something they sometimes do when they're freaking out. It could also be a problem with the swim bladder.

I don't see anything wrong with the platy other than it being slightly miffed about something. I would keep them all in QT for a while, to make sure they are healthy, before adding them to your tank.
tb or clamped fin?....

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom