Yellow lab is hiding

Discussion in 'Electric Yellow Cichlid' started by gunner13, Mar 29, 2010.

1. g

gunner13 Well Known Member Member

o.k. so my usually active and very curious female yellow lab is hiding behind the plants and she is not eating? ? She never gets bullied and is always out and about especialy at meal times. My wife and I witnessed what i assume was the mating dance of the male several times the other night, shaking and vibrating around her like a fish possessed. I have tried too see her but every time i go near the tank she tucks herself behind one of my huge amazon sword. Could she be holding eggs, she is certainly acting strange. Oh and all water para's are excellent,
    Nick

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sounds like it could be !! you stripping her or letting the survival of the fittest scenario?

3. OP
    OP
    g

Hi Shawnie, My son brought a 6g clearseal tank the other day but i don't want to stress her out by trying to catch her. I think all the fry might not survive in my tank given the nature of most of my fish. not really sure what to do!!!! Didn't really bank on having fry, what do you think i should do? ? ?

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

well I know a few members strip theirs often...navyscuba is one of them.....i let mother nature do her thing but ive gotten at least 15 fry the last few months growing up in my crazy tank....with allot of caves, hiding spots, crevices, they could make it .....pm navy im sure he can give great advice for stripping :)

5. OP
    OP
    g

Thanks i will pm navy,
    Nick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice