55 Gallon Tank Yellow Cichlids

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have two Yellow Cichlids, don't know if they're male or female, and I want to add them to my 55 gal. tank. Currently I have 1 Cherry Barb, 1 Cory Catfish, 2 Upside-down Catfish, 1 lg. Pleco, and 1 Angelfish in the 55 gal. tank. I originally bought 4 of the Cichlids last year and of those, these two are the only ones left. The other two original Cichlids were killed by their tankmates (Cichlids). Now, can I put these two remaining cichlids in the tank with the other above mentioned fish?

Thanks,

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
are they yellow lab african cichlids? if so , NO they cannot go in with the other fish....africans are a species only tank as they are too agressive for other fish and require a much different diet, water perimeters than the ones you have in the 55g...if its another type, just let us know

kcarmartinez

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The only real sure way to find out what they are is wait till they mate or vent them. Waiting till they mate will be long if they are the same sex.
African Cichlids do not make good "community" tank fish.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Without pictures its hard, but i would say the Angels and the Cory would definitely be in for some trouble, doubt it would work. Got any Pictures?

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
male yellow labs have a dark stripe down their dorsal fin and females dont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%