YEah it happened.

paul_219

Reaction score
My mom just surprised me with a a 32 gallon today. I am very happy. My wish just came a truth. I am very happy. I will be adding 2 angels with my 2 goldfish will thye be fine. And i will get a pleco.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Don't forget to cycle it first
Carol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Goldfish are coldwater right?
And aren't Angelfish and Plecos considered freshwater?

So doesn't that mean they aren't compatible if you count temperature.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congratulations on your new tank Unfortunately, Angelfish and Goldfish are not compatible with each other. Goldfish can live in unheated tanks but Angels cannot. Besides, I am not sure if Goldfish and Angels would get along together (though I may be wrong).

If I were you, I'd put the Goldfish in the new tank (when it is cycled, of course), and I would NOT get Angelfish for this tank. Also, a Pleco will grow way too large for a 32 gallon tank. Do not get a Pleco either.

paul_219

Reaction score
Probably i want be getting angel. But i need to get them a pleco. So i should get a heater. ON what tempertaure should i put the temperature. goldfish r wasty fish i need to get them a pleco.

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you have to do it keep it at 75 maybe. I think it's a bad idea overall though.
I think Goldfish with Plecos/Angelfish behaviorwise are ok but not temperaturewise

paul_219

Reaction score
sorry peter 234234 i didnt understand what did u mean with ur post.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No you don't need a pleco at all, pleco's eating algae and uneaten food, not fish poo so as long as you are not overfeeding your goldfish and you overfilter and keep up with your water changes you'l be find. Plecos do not eat fish poo so they will not help you out at all. Congratulations on your NEW tank.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Paul -

Goldfish do not go with Anglefish and a pleco. Goldfish need cool water and Angelfish and the Pleco are tropical fish and will need to have heated and filtered water. The goldfish will produce too much waste to keep the water clean enough for the Angel fish and the Pleco will become ill as well and they will die.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Technically I think the common plecos can do ok in coldwater that's why they can survive in ponds but since it will get over a foot big it's too big for his tank anyways so ONLY goldfish or other coldwater fish are suitbale.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was so excited that you got a new tank that I didn't look to see what you were going to put in it Goldfish need temperatures of 10-23C (50-73F) as recommended in The Complete Encylopedia of Freshwater Aquarium .
Angelfish need temperatures of 24-28C (75-82F).
Most of the smaller plecos need temps in the same range as the Angelfish.
If you do some research at www.planetcatfish.com you might find one suitable for your size tank and temperatures.
so as you see their needs are different and wouldn't be happy or healthy together.
Angelfish and a small pleco would be nice in that tank OR two goldfish.
Carol

paul_219

Reaction score
The tank came with an internal filter. And i added an airstone. Its like a stick and filled with the airstone in other words its a long airstone. I will be getting a thermometer on tuesday with the pleco. I got the light it came with it. I got flake food and bought a food filled with vitamins. They told me it is good for the fish. 10x

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Paul, a Pleco will grow too large for a 32 gallon tank - please believe me. A Pleco needs a tank that is at least 75 gallons. If you really want to have an algae eater, get a small algae eater that will not grow too large for a 32 gallon tank. For example, a Bristlenose Catfish or a Siamese Flying Fox are very good algae eaters and they will not be too large for your tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what kind of pleco are you getting?
Carol

paul_219

Reaction score

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes they need a heater, but if you get a bristlenose pleco then you can't get goldfish. OK?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Paul, yes, a Bristlenose Catfish (which I guess can also be called Bristlenose Pleco) does need a heater. Angelfish need a heater too. As we have told you before, Angelfish and Plecos (such as a Bristlenose Pleco) CANNOT be in one tank with Goldfish. Goldfish like cold water, and Angels and Plecos like warm water.

So, it would be best for you to do only one of these things:

(1) Put the Goldfish in the 32 gallon tank that you have, and leave this tank just like this, do not add anymore fish to it. It will not need a heater this way because you'll have only Goldfish in it.

OR

(2) If you really really want a Pleco and Angelfish, get another 32 gallon tank. Then put Angelfish and a Bristlenose Pleco in that tank. This tank will need a heater (plus, of course, a filter).

PLEASE do not put Goldfish, a Pleco, and Angelfish all in one tank.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You don't really need a Pleco. They do help clean up algae but that can be done by hand anyway. I think the only pleco that can live in the same temp range as Goldfish are Common Plecos which get WAY too big for your tank.

Or you could get some Angels, and in that case you could get a small variety of Pleco, or there are plenty of other fish, including even better algae eaters, that you could get.

Is there any particular reason you want a pleco? Also do you already have the goldfish?

paul_219

Reaction score
Yeah i already have the goldfish. The reason that i need a pleco is that in m y old tank brown algea use to grow very fast and i wasent able to p[ut any algea eater, so thats the reason y i need a algea eater for my 33 gal tank, I dont want it to be dirty like the old tank i use to have.

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
I heard White Cloud Mountain Minnows go well with eachother.
They both come from China and can stand the same temp.( I think)

Is this true or false? I just want Paul to have some more biodiversity.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom