Yeah I got another water baby

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its a boy this time-- a crowntail-- he is white and has some bluish-purple on him. I will post pics later. Be thinking of a name for him, he needs something tough!

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You're crazy! I admire you.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll agree with the crazy part. 5 bettas-- I wanted to bring another girl home too, but I had to draw the line somewhere. Now one of my co-workers wants me to go and get her a crowntail-- so off to the store again.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow, look at you go, Genie!! Soon you will be the "crocodile hunter" of betta fish. Good for you! Spread the word!! He's wonderful! Val ;D

Sparkling Diamonds

Valued Member
Reaction score
He is beautiful!!

I'm envious that you can have so manylovely bettas.

Next i'm getting a female, but i'm not sure when that will be or anything! lol All i know is that's what i'm going to get next. ><; I wish it could be today, right after i make me purchase of a new car. <3 That would be a perfect day for me.  ;D

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
Orin is a fitting one. It's a boy name I got from a fairy book, meaning 'pale-skinned fairy'. Kind of works because he's so ethereal looking

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think I will call him Kronos. It is from the TV show Highlander. I guess I have a thing for TV names.
Willow & Spike are from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Lila is from General Hospital
Cobalt isn't from anything though, just his color.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think we should start a new thread called "The Betta Genie picked up today" at the rate they're swimming to you. lol.. really, we love how you're saving these beautiful fish! great job! ;D Are you thinking of starting a shopping service called "Genie: Betta Shopper!"

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think I started the "personal fish shopper" business today. A girl at my work wanted me to pick up a crowntail betta for her! He is beautiful as well, I'll take pics at work tomorrow. Her betta is purple and red and green-- beautiful. I am edjumakatin everyone at work on the proper way to care for bettas! But believe me I am fully aware of my issues. ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Proof that the betta bug is highly contagious!

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
Proof that the betta bug is highly contagious! 
Yeah, I'm spreadin the joy. Now I just have to find a GOOD care sheet to give her, she has one betta and didn't know he needed a heater- I fixed that!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What a cutie pie Genie... ;D How many tanks do you now have? lol... I think its great! ;D

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Four tanks now-- divided!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Genie said:
Four tanks now-- divided!
WOW indeed Genie! And you have to have at least a mini filter and heater? in each side? Ive been wondering about the exta electric cost each month running theses tanks? I have my eclipse full spectrum natural light tube on my hood. Dont even know if thats a good one or not, or energy efficient. If it wasnt too bad Id love to have some 5gs in my art room.Lucky you.. ;D they are sooo beautiful to watch swim around.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It depends on your setup. I only have one filter and heater in each tank, but I take extra care to be sure the tank is cleaned really good! The dividers allow water to flow through, so the heat remains constant on both sides.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thanks Genie!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom