Yay! Started stocking my 65 gal hex!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Rejectedbread87, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Rejectedbread87

Rejectedbread87 Valued Member Member

Started stocking the 65 gal hex.
    6x Platy
    4x Rosy Barbs
    2x painted danios (what was left when I first got the tank)
    1X Zebra Stripe Butterfly Pleco (he was hiding no pics yet)
    This is my second planted tank and I thought I would try some different types of plants and fish.
    The one on the left is when we first filled it up. The plants were kind of a joke and the rocks were from the old tanks setup by previous owner. Middle and right are after re-scape. It was a lot harder with this tank for I am 5'9'' and the tank is really tall.
    IMG_0647.jpg IMG_0681.jpg IMG_0674.jpg

2. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

Very pretty ;) what else will you put in there? More danios and barbs? Maybe some corys?
    I would love one of those :) it would be awful for me to clean though. I'm 5'4" lol

3. OP
    OP
    Rejectedbread87

Probably some more barbs and get some gourami but not much more. As far as tank cleaning I got a stick scrubber.

4. JDcichlidlover

Honey gourami? I don't think other gourami can live together unless you get a mated pair. Honeys will school though

5. OP
    OP
    Rejectedbread87

Yeah, I was looking at that. Only 1 male gourami and 1 female will go in. I got a mated pair in my 20 gal no issues. I keep the water parameters just out what a gourami might consider "breeding season", and I didn't know honeys will school?

6. Joel2036

Joel2036 Valued Member Member

That's a beautiful tank ! I love the driftwood

7. JDcichlidlover

I've read from a lot of people on here that honeys like to be in groups. Which is weird I thought because all other gouramis are territorial. But maybe its because they're so small. Sweet :) you don't want to try to breed them? Just to see if they would?

8. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

Nice job. I like it.

9. OP
    OP
    Rejectedbread87

I am going to try to breed the gouramis but ill have to get another tank and those honeys look pretty awesome! I'll have to look in to my local LFS to see if anybody's got them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice