Yay! SO happy! Getting another tank for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by TheFishAddict, Dec 12, 2012.

1. T

TheFishAddict Valued Member Member

Am I so excited and happy to annouce that I am getting my first Fluval tank as a Christmas present!
    It will be the two gallon fluval:)
    I plan on it being a Shrimp tank! With maybe some Cpds, or another appropriate mirco fish:)

I just have a few questions:

Is the lighting strong enough for high-light plants?
    And what Shrimp do you reccommend I reaserch? Any good sites for them?
    The only Shrimp I have ever owned are Ghosties, and So I am reayd for another aquascaping, lighting, and shrimp adventure! :) Thanks! Tell me your ideas:)

2. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

I think 2gallons is too small for any fish. Red Chery Shrimp are great, hardy, they breed very easy and are smaller with a small bioload so you can fit heaps in.

3. OP
    OP
    T

Okay Thanks Yeoy!!!:)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I agree, there aren't any fish that can fit in a 2 gallon. I had a 2.5 gallon and posted a thread asking that, and everyone said no. But I used it as a shrimp tank and it was great, so I'm sure you'll love it. :) Once you get experienced with the RCS, you could try putting a caridina variety in, that wouldn't interbreed with the RCS. I was going to keep blue pearls and CRS together, so it would be a patriotic tank :p

5. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Thank me for what?

6. Y

o_O Are you me? Do I use a second profile when I am sleep-fishloring? Or am I you? Am I a figment?

7. OP
    OP
    T

Oh man! Me and Names! I'm sorry Yeoy, thanks for your help, everyone:)

8. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

I guess I'm famous if people say my name without even thinking. ;)

But yeah, everyone's said what I think with your question. RCS will be fine with small fish but the shrimplets will probably be eaten so you'll have mostly adults unless you give them a lot of tiny nooks and crannies to hide in like Java moss or Java Fern roots, etc.

9. OP
    OP
    T

Thanks Zeez! I can't believe I did that!

10. OP
    OP
    T

Okay, So now, I am thinking of instead getting the Aquenon evolve 8. This way i can have lot bigger capacity for shimp. I like this tank alot. I figured if I'm going to get/spend the money, It might as well be able to suit to more than just ten or so shrimp. So, if I may ask what do you think of this choice? (And i will not mix up names!!! ;) )

11. Y

Is that an 8gallon? The bigger the better for everything. If it was in my budget, I would have a 6foot RCS tank :)

12. OP
    OP
    T

I am pretty sure it's called the evovle eight, but it's six point something gallons. And that would be awesome!:)

13. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

Hey being on the topic of shrimp - have you guys ever seen what they call sexy shrimp? These guys are the coolest little things. They are always shaking thier money maker in the air. I am going to get a pair of them once I feel the tank is ready. If you have not seen these guys in action go to utube and type in sexy shrimp. You will get a good show I am sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice